D day - I am seeing difficult child's psychiatrist today

Luminosity

Finally after many years the appointment day has come. psychiatrist wants to see me first alone - that is today's appointment - then difficult child and me together - which is tomorrow's appointment. I am so happy that I don't even care that I have to travel an hour each way on 2 different days to see the psychiatrist. I am just glad that someone maybe will listen and help. difficult child just keeps saying that the psychiatrist will call him crazy and make him take medications or maybe put him inpatient again. I keep trying to tell difficult child that psychiatrist is a professional and would never call someone crazy. The this psychiatrist was hired by my psychiatrist (Chief of Staff) and that he hired her because she was very good, very professional and very compassionate. difficult child still doesn't believe me and said that he won't say anything to her when in the appointment. I told him that was fine. psychiatrists have their ways and I am confident that psychiatrist will get him to talk. (I didn't say that to difficult child though).

I will post when all is said and done this week. Thanks for listening and thanks for the great place for support and comfort!

Lumi

F

flutterbee

Good luck and keep us posted!

I have a sneaky feeling that difficult child will not be able to keep quiet while you and psychiatrist are talking about him. :wink:

Luminosity

Yesterday's appointment went very well. A psychiatrist that listened, asked questions and kept me on track when trying to explain something (having a bad bipolar day - still adjusting to new doses of medications).

Today is the big one. He is willingly going not sure if it is to get out of school or that he knows he needs some help... probably the getting out of school thing. He will be home shortly and we leave in an hour. Will post again.

Lumi