Daisy Face....

klmno

How are things going with you and yours? Have you decided on any approach to take for getting intervention or are just just riding the tide for a while?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hi K--

Thanks for asking!

I have sent an application to another Residential Treatment Center (RTC)....and we are waiting to hear back from them.

We have appts with the therapist and the psychiatrist this week (tho I'm not sure if we can expect anything other than more of the same)...

I scheduled an appointment for difficult child with a new psychiatrist at the university clinic--that will not happen until mid-January...

So we are kind of in a "waiting mode" as we wait to see what happens on a lot of different fronts.

Meanwhile, difficult child has been on her very best behavior at home....which means one of two things: either she has "turned a new leaf" (yay!!!)

or....something is/has happened that we just haven't found out about yet. This sudden change in behavior occured during mid-term exams. We may learn that difficult child completely failed many of her first semester courses, or that there was some sort of "incident" at school.

I'm hoping for the best....

--DaisyFace

klmno

I'm glad to hear that you are keeping your eyes open, so to speak, and still pushing for something. When my son was 2yo I sure never dreamed the adolescent and teen years could be harder. LOL! I'm keeping fingers crossed for you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
DAISY -

I have this kid on a dozen prayer lists.....so maybe the turn is forthcoming. :angel3:

With Dude? Like Suz told me - this time of year a change is more likely to be "Christmas" anticipation. I'm trying to brace for that....and the more than likely fall out. I would love to think "Oh no that's not the case," but historically? I know those words are wise.

Whatever the change is? Enjoy it for the day - I'm glad to hear things are on the upbeat.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DAISY -

I have this kid on a dozen prayer lists.....so maybe the turn is forthcoming. :angel3:

Thanks, Star! That must make it about TWO dozen prayers lists, now....between you and the ladies from church.

With Dude? Like Suz told me - this time of year a change is more likely to be "Christmas" anticipation. I'm trying to brace for that....and the more than likely fall out. I would love to think "Oh no that's not the case," but historically? I know those words are wise.

Whatever the change is? Enjoy it for the day - I'm glad to hear things are on the upbeat.

You may be right about "Christmas Anticipation"....sadly, the good behavior is already dissipating (I KNEW I Spoke too soon!).

difficult child is positive that she sees teeth marks in her holiday candy--she is sure that her brother has been biting through the plastic wrapper to taste her candy--and she wants him severely punished for this transgression. Because this is clearly an unfounded accusation (Why would DS bite through plastic wrap to try and taste difficult children candy? No reasoning with difficult child though)--husband and I did not do anything to DS as a punishment, and so difficult child is angry at us all. Figures...

So she is back to her usual grumpy, sitting around doing nothing routine...AND making comments about how she knows that she's getting such-and-such for Christmas so why worry about doing anything.

O well--it was nice while it lasted.

--DaisyFace

DammitJanet

Ya know, after a few Xmas's of getting nothing but jeans, shirts and underwear or a walmart jacket, Cory was over the moon to get a set of pots and pans this year. His outlandish requests for gifts ended when his behavior got so out of hand that we refused to reward him with lavish gifts.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I hear ya, Janet!

I have to confess that I've felt like a bit of a "bad Mom" this year with the holidays.

First, we barely decorated at all. We finally dragged out the tree a few days ago. It's the pre-lit kind, so all we did was plug it in and put the lighted topper on it. That's the most decorating we did....a big difference compared to previous years when we strung lights around the windows and set figurines and candles and garlands everywhere.

Next, we always have the kids make their Christmas Wish Lists on Thanksgiving. difficult child had a big long list (mostly books about vampires, devils, witches) and DS had a very short list. As the season went along, difficult child kept adding to her list and DS kept crossing out and making substitutions of smaller and smaller items. Right now, DS's list reads: Nerf gun, teddy bear, legos, wood scraps and tools for building, and sweatpants. Meanwhile, difficult child's list fills an entire 8.5 x 11 page....

It's enough to break a parent's heart!

So, DS is getting a heck of a lot more than he asked for....

And difficult child is getting a heck of a lot less.

And no, she's not getting a single vampire book from me. I got her clothes, yarn and a knitting machine--she can make herself a few sweaters. AND I'm leaving all the price tags on everything I bought for her....so I don't hear any complaints about how I didn't spend any money on her (Hey, she doesn't have to know that I didn't pay the full price on the tags! LOL!)

Does that make me a bad Santa?

Maybe....

--DaisyFace

DammitJanet

That sounds like an excellent list for her in my book.

Poor DS...breaks my heart. I remember my boys and lego's. In fact, Keyana is getting duplo's this year. She has had a bag of those Mega blocks since she was a year old and plays with them all the time. She loves playing with the duplo blocks when we are some place that has those tables. Im gonna get Papa to build her one of those tables (hopefully...lol) so we can put down a mat for them.