Dammit Janet

everywoman

Just checking on you and yours. I saw on the Florence/Myrtle Beach news that ya'll had some bad weather from the storm that passed through today. Hope all is well.

DammitJanet

Hey....Im fine. We had horrible wind here. If I wasnt so ummmm...large, the wind may have blown me right away...lol. I think we had winds of over 45 mph here today. Still kicking up now. I heard it is supposed to go down to below freezing tonight too. Ugh...can the weather make up its mind?

klmno

Glad to hear you're ok. Occupational Therapist (OT)- is your avatar of your dog? If my 2 dogs had pups, at least one would probably look like that!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad you're ok Janet.

We've got a freeze warning tonight and a forecast of snow. It was 70 degrees yesterday! :faint:

Hugs

DammitJanet

Yes that is my doggy! His name is Buddy and he is a Havanese. I got him as a rescue dog when he was 18 months old and he is now about 2 and a half. He is a very furry dog...lol. We call him furby too. He is so spoiled. He is also such a pain in the rear...he chews everything! Nothing is safe around him. He will even steal the cell phones and our wallets if we leave him out of his crate at night.

klmno

He's really cute, Janet! I have 2 lhasa apsos- one is 99% white and the other is 90% black- he looks like he has a tuxedo on. difficult child and I have always joke about how cute black and white furbabies would be if they could mate.

The weather- I hope everyone keeps warm tonight- it looks like it will be moving here by tomorrow night.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I've often wondered if your avitar is your dog. He's adorable!

Would raw hides help curb his chewing a bit?? It helps mine, especially Betsy. Vet doesn't like that I give her them all the time, but if I didn't the whole house would be chewed up. Instead, she chews her "bones".

DammitJanet

He chews everything anyway. We have this old toy of Keyana's from her first Xmas that we gave him hoping it would entice him to leave her other toys alone. Its this stuffed toy puppy with crinkly ears, bells inside, a squeaker, and something else that makes noise. He adores it and it is really solidly made. He has chewed off the top bow that stretched and almost chewed into the arms that hold the squeakers.

Unreal...this dog is little too. He only weighs about 6 pounds. His mouth isnt that big and if we give him leftover chicken or fried liver...he almost tips over front ways...lol. Thankfully our shoes are too big for him to tote around.

You should see him with stuffed animals though...lol. He thinks they are mates! None are safe. None of Keyana's dolls are safe either. He chews are their hands.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like my Mom's dog. Only thing he does that drives her insane. I know with him....he's a terrior and they require tons of excercise.....and she just can't give it to him. So cuz he's bored, he chews. And she can't give him the rawhides because he throws them up all over the carpet. sheesh

We had a basset once who was big time into crayons. lol She had the most colorful poo in the neighborhood. The kids used to try to cover for her when they'd catch her munching their crayons.....but I "somehow" always knew. :rofl: Good thing they aren't toxic.

klmno

Janet, my female loves stuffed animals, too. I get her the ones made for dogs (they hold up better when chewed) and they have squeakies in them. When she's bored she tosses them around or just continuously squeaks them. She has so many "species" of stuffed animals that difficult child said he wanted to build her a toy box that looks like Noah's Ark. LOL!

Bones- I quit giving rawhides but now give those that look like a real leg bone with marrow inside- I think I get 3 for about $3 at Wally's.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sounds like my Mom's dog. Only thing he does that drives her insane. I know with him....he's a terrior and they require tons of excercise.....and she just can't give it to him. So cuz he's bored, he chews. And she can't give him the rawhides because he throws them up all over the carpet. sheesh

I don't know if it would be feasible where your mom lives but....could she put up a clothes line outside and attach a long lead to it (by the clasp)? That way the dog has a tangle free run and can get some exercise.