Dangerous Dumb Jessie Stunt - difficult child!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
My daughter called her grandfather to bring her home early from choir on Tuesday.

I was called by a parent volunteer when she was not there at role call.

She lied. She did NOT tell a parent that she needed to leave. She just left. Went outside and waited for her grandfather.

She also skipped 2 other rehearsals - 1 right before the last performance (meaning she was not allowed to perform).

Right now she has been asked to leave choir due to her absences and the fact that I would not excuse them.

I do not know where she was for 45 minutes of practice (she told us it started early and she had to be there early).

This is after we stretched a very very tight budget for this opportunity.

There will be a whole lot of work to pay off the tuition fees, her phone is now mine and will be turned off, and she will be working as she has no privileges.

husband just rearranged time off to go to an upcoming concert. He has time that must be used, but htis date was very inconvenient.

Methinks we are well on the road to difficult child.

Steamin mad Susie

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OH joy for you!! So did she say where she was for those 45 minutes? That would bother me tons. Hope this gets resolved. It could just be the preteen/typical teen starting to come out too. Strange things happen with how they think.

Hugs.

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

I'd be raking her over the coals til I found out what she was up to for that 45 mins. That's really worrisome. And dangerous.

Unfortunately I don't think she's necessarily headed for gfgdom. Could be seen as a typical teen stunt. I know she's preteen, but she could be getting a head start. eeeeek!

Sounds to me like you're giving her good sound consequences for her irresponsibility and lying. Let's hope it sticks and she doesn't try anything else dumb and dangerous.

Hugs

I remember you worrying about this last week, at least I think I do. I'm with Lisa, this could very well be typical teen. But I think that you are doing the right thing.

susiestar

Roll With It
Right now, as it stands. She will play her soccer tournament this weekend. 4 maybe 5 games. Her team is sizeable, but with this kind of weekend there is no way to have any absence NOT hurt the team.

She will be the angel in the Church Christmas Play.

She will work for 25 hours (or do what I and her father consider to be 25 hours worth of work) to reimburse us for the tuition.

She WILL compose an apology to the Choir director (to be read by ME and DAD before it is sent).

SHE will tell gma she was tossed out for skipping out of rehearsal. Gma is really really psyched for the Dec 3 concert at the governor's mansion.

If eyerolling occurs, it will be given to her father as well as myself. NOT just me, as is her pet habit. (husband told her this - he is T-I-RED at seeing her act like this to me!)

Where was she??

I think she was out in the hall and then went outside to sit and wait.

They do have assigned seats. If she was at the back it is very likely the choir director might have missed seeing her in another seat. Seating chart, empty seat equals absence. (much of this is so they can get used to hearing the person beside and behind them singing - they sit in the order they stand on stage in)

She swears she was in the room. I do not think the choir director (mom of 4) would have missed her totally. Just wouldn't. Knows her from past years choir.

If and when I get what seems like a more truthful answer she will be able to do things like go to the restroom by herself while we are out in public.

Please, please please let this be more typical teen, and not gfgism arising.

Susie

Wiped Out

Staff member
Susie,
I know what you mean by hoping it's more typical teen than difficult child is in the making-saying a prayer it is just typical teen. We too had a night that has me convinced easy child maybe really is a difficult child and not a easy child-I too am hoping it is just typical teen. Hugs to you. :flower:

Well, I tell you what. You nipped it in the bud pretty good. You got her coming and going (rightly so on every count) and she will learn from this exactly how many people she disappointed.

If it IS simply typical teen, you will know very soon. Sending positive thoughts and good juju that it is.