Dare I jinx it

saving grace

I thought I would update everyone on my world. I have been thinking about when to update but I keep thinking that once I do something is bound to happen and then I will have to take it all back.
Then I thought of how every little thing is a huge thing in our worlds and it deserves to be acknowledged.

My world has been calm, nice, I actually have been enjoying having difficult child here. Maybe saying difficult child will jinx it, I will call him D.

D has been in a program for a little over a month, taking Suboxone, and he started and IOP intensive outpatient program this week that will last 2 weeks.

He is home everyday and night, he is with his 2 friends one is my nephew and the other is a boyhood friend. They are not angels, they drink and smoke pot but nothing else. They have helped me in intervention about 2 months ago I think it really helped. They hang here, watch movies, play cards and eat.

I have to admit the reality as well. I know D has had some drinks, he has yet to have a completely clean drug test but he has not been positive for opiates and they are checking for the THC levels to go down as they stay in his system the longest.

He is not working, but looks casually. He cleans the house and babysits when needed. No complaints. He washed and vaccumed my car, I gave him 20 bucks for a haircut.

He has Renaud's Syndrome which is a vascular disorder, his lips turn purplish like he is really cold and its aggravated when he smokes, nicotine and the cold are the two causes, nothing to do about it except stay warm and stop smoking.
He is also taking Depakote and Seroquel for BiPolar (BP) and anxiety, I think it helps but it hasnt been long enough, only a week or so. He does seem sort of tired or out of it I think.

All in all its everything I can live with right now. One day at a time and little by little, It will all fall in to place.

Grace

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Yeah, I know the feeling about the jinxing....
I have yet to update on my difficult child for fear it will all go down hill as soon as I do....

Glad you have a calm period in your life and D is behaving as someone you can live with....

everywoman

Good update. I'm glad he is following houserules. Hopefully he won't get too caught up in the marjiuana and alcohol use--for my difficult child this triggers his other addictions.

saving grace

Kat, I am hoping that he has stopped the marijuana use, they are testing him weekly. If it becomes a problem they will ask him to leave the program. keep your fingers crossed

Grace

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Grace, I got tears in my eyes reading your post. I am so happy for you. This kind of peace for you has been a long time coming.

Fingers crossed and big hugs.

Suz

Ally

Im glad to hear that D is doing well. Why is it that when we say how well things are going, something happens to drastically change that??

ScentofCedar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: saving grace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Then I thought of how every little thing is a huge thing in our worlds and it deserves to be acknowledged.

My world has been calm, nice, I actually have been enjoying having difficult child here.

All in all its everything I can live with right now. One day at a time and little by little, It will all fall in to place.

Grace </div></div>

Grace, what a nice post. I am happy for you, and I love it that you finished by saying one day at a time and little by little it will fall into place.

One day at a time, and little by little it will fall into place.

That's beautiful, Grace.

Barbara

KFld

My difficult child is on suboxone and will be clean 6 months on 3/29. I know someday he will have to come off of it, but for now it is a life saver. He is learning to live a normal life and hopefully can continue for the rest of it!! Glad your difficult child has the chance to try it, but I hope he stays away from the pot and alcohol. I know my difficult child has such an addictive personality that he has learned he cannot do anything. He smokes cigarettes. That is it!

saving grace

Thank You Barbara, I have learned and I am still learning that every single day is different. I can not expect that even though today was a good day that tomorrow will be. Thats where most of my disappointments stem from is hoping for it to all be gone or for him to finally be better then something happens and I am crushed. I am learning to accept that he is an addict and that the little accomplishments are better than none and keep hoping he moves forward.

Karen, he has been on the Suboxone for 3 weeks now and depakote and seroquel for a little over one week. I am not sure what to think of the changes. for a while he was getting sick from the Suboxone and he had really bad anxiety he was scratching at his face and biting his nails making them bleed. the depakote and seroquel has helped that a bit, but he is real real tired and still seems depressed, he doesnt really have much ambition and still sort of lies around all day. He says he feels normal but I dont see it.
As for the alcohol and pot, I know he is trying to stay away from it but he has zero will power, his only 2 friends smoke like everyday!!!, he rarely drinks and he does smoke cigs, he complains of how hard they are to quit. He doesnt like it but he is just such a weak person I feel bad for him sometimes. its like he cant say no, he tries but it just gets in his head and thats it.
I hope the Suboxone helps him, he doesnt share much with me about what he is feeling. So I have to wait and see what happens and how he appears to be doing.

grace

KFld

I know it took awhile for my difficult child to adjust to the suboxone. His dosage may need to be altered also. They started my son on a really high dose and he ended up cutting it in half.