Dare I say it?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I think difficult child may have <knock on wood> turned a corner.

She's started her phlebotomy classes at the community college this past Mon/Tues - and LIKES them! She was practicing her use of a tourneqet on H last night. I ran to the other room! I hate that stuff. And, she's working about 30 hours/week at Marshalls and likes that too! I can't believe she will be 19 next month. Wow. My baby.

Someone pinch me. On second thought, please don't!

And easy child has been offered two nice jobs this week in the baking/pastry arts field and she's torn. She likes the more casual, easy going small kitchen she checked out today. Less money, but she likes the people. The other place is more money and a grander place to work, but the work would dry up between Jan/Apr and, the two women who work there graduated from the same school as easy child only a couple of years before her but the manager told her he wanted her to run things. She's not comfortable coming in new and being the boss - she's only (nearly) 21 for goodness sakes! Either way, it's always nice to have two offers on the table!

everywoman

I'm happy that difficult child seems to be working in the right direction.

Tell easy child to follow her heart. It will lead her in the right direction.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jo

I'm glad difficult child likes her phlebotomy classes so far. :D Wonderful. I liked the classes. But didn't like the routine drugery of the work. I need a bit more variety to my day than that. Keeping my fingers crossed she has turned that corner.

easy child needs to make the best decision for her. Nice to have 2 offers going though, must make her feel good.

Great update Jo. Let's hope it continues. :D

Hugs

Andy

Here, let me fluff those pillows. shhhhhhhhh No waking up - not quiet yet! :)

This is such great news. I will hold your difficult child as my easy child's model - I hope my easy child will be there next Summer when she turns 19.

Tell easy child that money isn't every thing. I you love your job, life will be that much happier. When my easy child did a project in Kindergarten about her future, she put down "when I am grown I will have a job I like". Which job would she enjoy most? (Though it does sound like the job with larger income will also provide more personal growth - might want to consider that also).

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Still floating a little here~

difficult child calls me on her breaks to chat and invited me to go get our nails done together today. She is home by curfew and we've made an agreement that she will use the back door instead of the garage for her entry so I don't get woken up. Finally. Some agreements. How nice is that? She's meeting an old friend for coffee this morning...it's actually her first love. He's home from college for the weekend and yes, he has a girlfriend, so no romance. Just friends, which I find so comforting as he's a nice guy and I guess through talking lately, they've discovered that they have been in a similar 'boat'. Haha.

And easy child took the smaller less paying job. She likes working in a smaller kitchen and being able to see how the cafe runs things. She is hoping one day she can have her own small place similar to the cafe, so it would be a good education for her. And she gets to have some more freedom of creativity by bringing in some of her own ideas and recipes. And in January, she will be in charge of all cakes. She's psyched.

Today is gorgeous outside and I just couldn't be happier.

trinityroyal

Just seeing this now.
Thanks for posting such a great update Jo.

Glad to hear that easy child is following her heart with her new job, and that difficult child is doing so well.

Sending good vibes. Enjoy every moment.

Trinity