Dare I say it....

toughlovin

but my difficult child seems to be donig well!!!! He called me today to ask if we would pay for him to do a rescue diving certifcation course. And the yes is a resounding YES. When he was 12 he got really excited about scuba diving and he and husband got certified. It was something my son was really passionate about until he got into drugs... and then he seemed to sort of lose interest. It is something he was really good at and loved... and I am thrilled is he looking into it again!! He sounded really good over the phone and warmed my heart to talk to him.

TL

Nancy

One of the most positive steps they can take is to become interested in an activity that they are passionate about. I'm thrilled to hear this and hoping it continues.

Calamity Jane

TL,
I'm thrilled! I think that's a sign that he's joined the "land of the living" again. I'm so glad you agreed to sponsor this request. Good for him!

buddy

Yippee! That sounds so positive. I hope he has a great experience. Can that be turned into a career for him too? ( If he wants to)

toughlovin

It certainly is a set of skills that could help him get a job he really liked....I am hoping it does!!! But I will also say i am happy about it but still waiting and seeing how it goes. He did sound excited about it last night. At least he is taking some kind of positive action.

TL

in a daze

It is so exciting when they show some initiative and enthusiasim for a worthwhile activity! Hope he starts and finishes the course.