Daughter got pastry chef job at Niche in Geneva IL--(brag)

BusynMember

This is my daughter who used to do drugs.

She is rocking at pastry arts school (culinary arts) and was recruited even before she graduated to be a chef. This is an upscale restaurant. I'm thrilled and so proud of her! And she's so excited and happy. It's the beginning of her dream come true. She still plans on finishing college and seeing her dream through to the end. Yes, a difficult child CAN turn out GREAT. She's such a wonderful young adult now.

I needed some good news from one of my kids! :D:D

Thanks for reading this!

Last edited:

BusynMember

The only reason I don't is that I live in another state. :tongue: She is very gifted...her classmates and her chef teachers are all aware of it. She has won many scholarships and contests. Her SO eats better than any man alive because she makes a huge breakfast every single day. He's still slim, but I wonder how long it will last!!!

After the hello from my son, I needed to hear this from my daughter.

crazymama30

That is awesome. I am amazed at people who can do what she does, it is just something that seems so impossible to me. Guess there is something for everyone, but not everything is for everyone!

everywoman

I know you are so happy for her. It is great when they finally follow their dreams. My difficult child loves to cook. Right now he is working in a locally owned restaurant and doing a great job. We ate there Friday night, and I had the seared tuna! Yummy. I am hoping he can get things together to go to culinary school one day.

donna723

What a wonderful post to read! You have every right to be very, very proud of her! Not everybody can do that - it takes as much artistic talent as it does baking skills. Congratuations to the brand new pastry chef!

Nancy

Great news!!! Good for her. I love to hear about difficult child's who turn their lives around, it gives me hope that maybe it will happen for difficult child someday.

Nancy

mstang67chic

Going Green
How wonderful for her AND for you!!! Congrats to you both!

After the hello from my son, I needed to hear this from my daughter.

Did I miss something? Did you hear from the son who distanced himself or is this code for the carap your other son is going through with the possible divorce?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Brag all you want! That's AWESOME!!! Now, be sure you give her my address and let her know how much I love chocolate! Anything CHOCOLATE. Got it? :tongue:

BusynMember

Thanks, guys.

She's a really good person who had some bad things happen to her that we didn't even know about as a kid (she was raped at eight and told nobody until she was fourteen) and she did hardcore drugs, but she quit at around 19 and is now 25.

After my lovely daughter-in-law and my son have put me through a terrible two months that made me sick to my stomach, I really loved hearing my daughter's sweet, uplifting, excited voice telling me she was getting a real chef's job in an upscale restaurant, which is her dream.

I really don't mean to brag. It's just that things had been so bad with son that I wanted to post an "upper" of a post to remind EVERYONE that kids can decide to change.

I credit my daughter for changing, not me. The only thing we did was send her to Illinois when the peer pressure was ungodly awful here in Wisconsin. Actuallyl, we didn't even do that. We made her leave and she called her brother, asking if she could stay with him, then she straightened out since the druggie friends s he'd had were gone from her life.

But even though I don't credit ME for this, I'm happy for and proud of her. And I need to feel good about her at this point in time. Boy, at one time I only wanted boys. My two girls are my sunshine. :D My boys, except for my Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) son, have been major heartbreaks for me.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Excellent news! Part of our world as parents is knowing that they want to know you are proud of them. Lay on the praise thick.
Your son's are heart breaking now but like the prodigal son, things change.

Every parent of a difficult child has complete rights to brag - - in fact, it is something we MUST do. What a wonderful accomplishment and I'm sure she is also very proud of HERSELF for coming this far.

Way to go!!

jbrain

Oh, what wonderful news! And you have every right to "brag"--it is not bragging, not after what she and you have both been through! I think all of us parents of difficult children understand how nice it is to be able to have something good to say about your kid! I'm really thrilled to hear your news and thank you for sharing it!
Jane