Day 10 = Little better

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Baby J was playing for a little bit today, but difficult child says "he's not the morning person he used to be" J was sleeping on difficult child when I checked in just now, who said, "Bout to put him away for the night" WHAT! :tongue:

difficult child played his gig and all went fine. He was later than daughter in law wanted in getting back, but they learned a lot about expectations and communication from the previous weekend fiasco, so were able to handle this without too much bad drama.

He's got yet another gig this next weekend, too.....and daughter in law wants to come back for it, too. I can totally understand how she'd like a break! We've got boookooo catch-up projects going on at the house, but I'm seriously considering checking with Grammy Ann about bringing back the Grandma Brigade.....give daughter in law a weekend pass....

I don't know. I've got a taped-up front door right now....long story....small project turned big project due to hidden rotted wood (ok, so maybe not that long of a story)

husband would really hate not coming home this weekend. But....he could still come home, right? Grammy Ann & I could drive to MN together & stay at RMH....hmmm.....

Yep, there's the beginnings of a plan....maybe....

Any advice? Input, feedback, heck - even take a poll & let me know what you think...

I'd love to see my little man again, that's for sure!

Peace

mstang67chic

Going Green
I think daughter in law definately needs a break. I say if you and Grammy Ann can work out a roadtrip, go for it! J gets some Grandma time with the two of you, daughter in law gets what is I'm sure a much needed break and husband gets a quiet weekend to finish projects! :tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
ABSOLUTELY NEEDS A BREAK.

In that plan you could hire a handyman that looks like raoul and sip Mojitos on the deck while you watch him.....

Oh wait that's MY fantasy.

glad to hear little man is better.

DammitJanet

Parents get a break, you and Grandma A get some well deserved grandma time...go. You will never put on your headstone how many house projects you wished you had finished. It will say loving mother and grandmother.

Go go go!

Mom2oddson

Hope you decided to go.... Grandbabies always win out over housework/projects.

My Mom took care of easy child while I worked. She put everything on hold his first year. The only time she did any house work was when he slept or I was home. Other than that, she dedicated every moment to easy child and she has never regretted it for a second. She says it was the best year of her life.