Day 3 @ camp, so far so good...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We decided to let difficult child 2 try again today at day camp. He had a good morning, in fact easy child/difficult child 3 told me he didn't get in trouble at all! I picked him up at lunchtime and then brought him back after we got a bite to eat.

The counselors had suggested and I agreed to place him in a fort with older boys since he was having trouble with a younger girl in particular in the fort he's in with easy child/difficult child 3. But when we talked to him about it, he was really, really against the idea and started to get emotional about it. He pointed out that he was doing better today and he felt he deserved another chance. Hard for me to argue with that.

Last night husband and I were able to get easy child/difficult child 3 to agree to be more helpful with difficult child 2 if she saw him starting to fall apart or if someone was antagonizing him -- they worked out a code word she would use to let him know he needed to take a break and get himself under control. He thought that was a good idea.

I'm very pleased that the teen/young adult counselors are eager to see difficult child 2 enjoy his time there, and that they understand he has issues that are beyond his control. It makes my job a lot easier, especially when problems come up.

So fingers crossed today goes o.k. for him. Tomorrow is the psychiatrist appointment and hopefully a medication adjustment.

klmno

That is great!! This should help his self-esteem, which in turn helps other things.

Congratulations to difficult child!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks so much -- I am really surprised at how well he did today. I have no idea what the reason is either. Maybe he got more sleep last night. Maybe he ate better at lunch (though he only ate 1/2 a personal size pizza). He says it's because he got to build stuff today (worked on the fort, hammering, sawing, etc.)