Day 4 of no school

StressedM0mma

difficult child got up, got ready and we drove to school. I had high hopes. We got to the door, and it was a no go. husband is going to try to get her to go in when he leaves for work in about half an hour. We will see. I hope she will try to do it. Yesterday she did say she want to go back to the therapist. That she needs help. That was a HUGE step. We are now just waiting to get an appointment. She is sitting in the chair doing Spanish work right now.

InsaneCdn

Can she go to school and not go to class? For example, go spend a period working in the library?
It's like the current situation is a deadlock - can't go to school because she can't face "class"... how to break the ice?

StressedM0mma

I have tried that. She is getting very frustrated with herself. Which I see as a great sign. And, I am sitting right next to her making her stay on task. My guess is this week is a wash. And, we will not be getting any answers from the G.C. either. A boy in her class collapsed and died while playing basketball last night, so they are dealing with that. As they should be. difficult child didn't know him, so she isn't really bothered by it.

L

Liahona

At least she is doing the school work so she isn't getting out if it. And she is learning something.