Daylight Savings Time...UGH!!!

sandman3

I hate it!! At least the kids didn't wake up at 5am, BUT, we just finished breakfast and it's officially 10:29!!! And of course, I didn't set my clocks forward before bed, so I woke up thinking we were on a pretty normal schedule until I remembered, UGH!

Anyone else feeling my pain?? lol!

KTMom91

Hubby set the clock on the stove and the microwave, and we went to bed last night believing the cell phones would reset automatically. We were wrong. Unfortunately, we use our cell phones for our morning alarms. Hubby volunteers in the tech booth at church. He was late.

M

ML

I FEEL your pain. The day is half gone. The only positive is that I will only eat lunch and dinner today HA

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes, we forgot and didn't turn our clocks back until 10:40 this morning. Ugh...suddenly it was closer to noon than I wanted.

So, it's now 1:30 and I feel like I have an entire day of chores to complete in almost no time at all. Bites.

DDD

I can't stand it! It takes me weeks to adapt in either direction. Bah! Humbug! DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I guess I'm all alone here.

I LOVE Daylight Savings Time. I love coming home from work when it's still light. It makes me feel as if I actually have time for a LIFE!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suz

Lothlorien

No, I'm with you Suz. I just wish it was Daylight Savings all year long. I get a bit depressed in the fall. It was a lot worse when I worked full time and all of a sudden I would leave from work and it was dark out. That just stunk!

I really get Spring Fever and excited this time of year. Yes, it takes a few days to adjust and I think the kids take a little longer (unless you throw them outside all day so they can breathe the fresh air), but after the adjustment period, I love it. I love being able to let the kids play outside until 7 or 8 in the evening. Yippee!

muttmeister

You're not alone Suz; I love it too.
Now that I'm retired it doesn't make so much difference as it used to but I love to putter in the yard and coming home from work when there is still light left is great.
I like it in the spring because it gets me out and working and I like it when it changes back in the fall because I can officially go into hibernation mode.
I grew up on a farm and there it didn't matter because everybody worked from sunup to sundown no matter what the clock said. But I think it is a good idea. The only problem is that I need to get my dogs acclimated to the new schedule. I guess they aren't as flexible as I am. Ha, ha.

trinityroyal

Count me on the side of those who like Daylight Saving Time. I love finishing the workday and still having some daylight in which to go out and do things. Starting and ending the days in the dark all winter really gets me down.

Yay!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm with ya.I like it, but I hate having to change. difficult child didn't go to sleep until 4am. We danced like crazy people at the wedding reception, and cleaned up like crazier people...then had to get up at 7:30 to be home. So 3 1/2 hours sleep, yup...I'm feeling it. One good thing, I'll be ready for bed when that time comes (I'm ready now)

sandman3

Ah, don't get me wrong! I love the extra light in the day, I just wish we'd leave the darn clocks alone and let time and daylight, be what it is...instead of messing with it twice a year!

Yes, I agree. DST is wonderful.

Can't we just keep it there? It's that change that gets me. I woke up at 6 today, so it was really 7. So I figured I'd just stay up. But since I was up late last night, my body had other plans, and I fell asleep on the couch for a couple hours.

Then, by 5PM I could not keep my eyes open. On with the coffee. Now it's 11PM and I'm not tired.

Gaaahhh.