Daylight Savings Time!

tiredmommy

Duckie is less than thrilled that she will be going to bed a little early because DST starts tonight. Who else hates changing the clocks? :hammer:

mstang67chic

Going Green
ME!

This is STUPID!!!!

Ohhh it lowers crime.

Ummm....like a criminal really cares if it's dark at 9 or 10???

It helps the farmers by giving them an extra hour of daylight
No...we don't get an extra hour moron. It's just shifted.

It helps keep us (Indiana) better in touch with clients in neighboring states by being on the same time zone.
Sure....on ONE side but what about the other side? And besides...not all of the state changes so we're still no better off.

I'm sorry but when the sun is straight up in the sky and there is very minimal shadowing....it's NOON! NOT when some overpaid, out of touch idjit politician says it's noon.

DammitJanet

LOL...Becky, can we have your opinions?

Actually I hate the time change on either end. I just wish they would leave it alone all together.

tiredmommy

I hate it because I have a child that takes WEEKS to adjust her sleep pattern... it has wreaked havoc in my family's lives!

donna723

The only way I can see that it would cut down on crime is if the 'criminals' were so young that they had to be in before dark!

It's rough on all kids and it takes a while for them to get adjusted to it. I remember when mine were babies and going to day care. They'd get in such a routine and then all of a sudden, twice a year, they thought I was getting them up an hour late or an hour early every day! I don't envy my daughter this week with a little one to get up and get ready for day care.

Personally, once I get adjusted to it, I like it just fine. I don't get home from work until 5:00 p.m. and in the winter when it gets dark so early, it seems like the whole day is over by the time I get in the front door!

DammitJanet

Donna...I was thinking that too about reducing crime! HUH? What does time do with crime? I guess if areas had a whole bunch of gangs of pre-schoolers it would help.

donna723

Sounds like us when we were kids! After dinner, we could play outside but had to come in when the street lights came on. We had a little extra time to get in to things!

muttmeister

Well, I kinda like it but the idea of reducing crime is stupid. There are the is the same number of hours of daylight no matter what you call it. And I grew up on a farm and I can tell you it makes no difference there - you work from sunup till sundown. Doesn't matter what you call it there either. I do like extra light at night in the summer - not an extra hour for the whole day but an extra hour after work. And in the winter I like it when it gets dark early and I can nestle down and hibernate. But the change is a @#$% (female dog).:tongue:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've always personally thought it was a stupid idea. The reasons behind it are about as lame as you can possibly get.

I really hated it when the kids were little. I had to shift their bedtime from 7pm to 8pm....then 9pm in the summer so they could stay pretty steady on their sleep schedule. ugh

Wiped Out

Staff member
I have to say for me I really need the extra daylight at the end of the day. My entire energy level changes for the better when it is lighter longer. It makes a huge difference for me.

DDD

Add me to the "Hater List". Also, "It's Stupid List". :redface:

The only years that I did enjoy the change was when the kids were in college and we could all waterski after work. :D
My little kids always had a set schedule...so bedtime turned into a problem because the neighbors let their kids loudly play outside until dark. Bummer! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Can someone please find out how we write a bill? I'd love to be the reason we STOP this.

I'd vote NO change. Arizona doesn't do it. Why should we?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't mind the time, once everyone is adjusted to it, but I hate changing, and I think its pointless. Back in they day, they thought it saved energy, but a recent study (in Indiana, of all places) actually proved otherwise (was in the WSJ last year). I think its just a royal PITA. I do business with several Amish, and they do not observe the shift in time, and it just makes things hokey.

trinityroyal

I don't really enjoy making the adjustment, but I do confess that I LOVE the results when we spring forward.
I think it's a Great White North thing.

trinityroyal

Sorry. Itchy send button.

Anyway, to clarify. Up here, we got such short days in the winter. And in the summer it's just the opposite. If you go really far north it truly is the land of the midnight sun. The sun can set as late as 10:30 pm, 11:00 pm. And then pop right back up again in the wee hours of the morning. And my energy level goes right along with it.

KTMom91

I love the long summer evenings (the ONLY thing I like about Valley summers), but otherwise, I can do without changing the time. It's Monday afternoon, and I need a nap already.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I hate it. I get manicky with it in the "Spring" and depressed with it in the "Fall". The change ahead is the worst one for me