DDD in Washington State?

GinAndTonic

Do any of you have kids who qualify for DDD (Division of Developmental Disabilities) services? I just mailed in the application, on a whim, but I have no idea if they work with kids with ADHD, ODD, and (we think) a mood disorder.

slsh

member since 1999
My oldest qualified for DDD services a million years ago. At the time, the wait list was huge but we did eventually get respite services and right before we moved, we finally got the "community waiver" (Medicaid coverage since his level of disability would qualify him for nursing home care). He has a definite developmental disability though - I honestly don't know if they can/will help with difficult child kinds of issues. on the other hand, if they don't, they might be able to refer you to someone who can help. Hope you're able to get some good info!

GinAndTonic

Hey, feelinalone -- mine's still in preschool. He missed the cutoff date for kindergarten by a few weeks.

Good resources? I wish! I haven't found anything useful, really. Oh, except for one thing. If you're in the Seattle area, UW as an amazing (but too short) program for kids with ADHD. It's called the Dinosaur School, and it helped us tremendously.