Death in the family. Need to place pets. Does anyone know...

ScentofCedar

Hi, all. We have had a death in our family. The lady had a number of cats We have been able to find a home for one, but there are four others. The woman wished for these four cats to go together. This was a cancer death. Does anyone know whether the American Cancer Society has a program for placing the pets of cancer victims? I looked, but could find nothing.

Thanks so much to all who respond.

Barbara

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Hello Barbara! I did a quick google search....only thing that looked a little promising might be an organization called "Forrest and Jenny's Place" which says they provide temporary foster homes for pets of cancer patients....You could try contacting them at forrestandjennysplace.org and see where that leads. However, let me just say, 4 cats in one home is a lot to ask. I had 4 cats at 1 time....couldn't handle it!! Just no way to keep up with the wonderful cat hair.

Sorry for your loss. Hope you are able to find a solution for the 4 remaining feline friends.

Peace

ScentofCedar

Hi, Pony and KTMom :eek:) Thanks for your quick responses. I will check the site you gave me, Pony. Thanks! And KTMom, we are trying to abide by the lady's wishes that her cats go to a good home, together. So sad, for everyone.

Barbara

KTMom91

You might check with some vets in the area...they might know of someone willing to adopt all four, or at least point you in the right direction.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not sure if you have a no-kill shelter around but they are generally very good. I went in for one old lap cat and came out with three. Momma and her two six year old kittens. I just couldn't separate them. I'm up to 5 right now, which technically makes me a hoarder. Otherwise I'd take all 4.

Abbey

ScentofCedar

Abby, that is so funny. :eek:) I will check into the no-kill shelter idea, after all. We just aren't fiinding anyone willing to take them at all, let alone all together.

Thanks, everyone!

Barbara

Star*

call 911........call 911
Barbara,

I was so sorry to read of the passing of someone in your family. Coupled with the arduous task of trying to place your loved ones pets together please know we are keeping you and your family in our prayers and sending extra strength and hope that all the kitties; who I am sure are more confused than ever find a new home together. Our sympathies for you during this difficult time.

You may check with petfinders.com and check to see if there is a local cat resuce that would foster them temporarily until a suitable home is found for them. You may also put a plea out on Craigslist. craiglsist.com or call your local ASPCA and tell them what you are facing.