Deb/Abbey has passed away.

Nancy

I am very sorry to have to tell you that Abbey has passed away. She was a previous owner of this board, prior to Fran. She had cancer. I was a moderator for her many years ago on this board and became friends with her even though we never met. She inspired me so with her strength and sense of humor. She never once complained about her illness or pain. I am heartbroken and I know many old members here are also.

Nancy

Last edited:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yes, she and I were close up until her death. She had a hard life in the past several years, not including the cancer, which took a heavy toll and caused much suffering.

Through all that, she kept her wonderful sense of humor and her sense of loving-kindness towards others.

I and many others are devastated and will miss her terribly. On the other hand, I am relieved that her suffering is over. She was good people and I would hope she will be remembered as such.

AppleCori

I didn't know Abbey, but I have thought about her since she announced her illness a few months ago here on the forum.

I am so sorry to hear of her passing.

FranP

Abbey was my rock. I was so alone in trying to get through life with a difficult child'. I am so sad her life wore her down and she was so sick. She was an amazing woman. I am forever grateful to her and her courage to run this site. She threw out a lifesaver that I grabbed onto. Hope her next chapter is peaceful and free of stress and worry. I tip my hat to her struggle and her grace.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I didn't know Abbey, but I have heard about her for years, always beautiful memories and thoughts about an obvious big hearted warrior Mom, filled with grace, who gave to others and changed their lives. I am so grateful she started this site, which saved me and many others. May you rest in peace sweet Abbey......so much love and gratitude is smoothing your way straight to heaven/peace/love.

Nomad

Staff member
I'm very sad. Unsettled. I loved her sense of humor. I recall she went through extreme hell and back with her family situation. I was thrilled when she reported things had greatly improved.i pray that continues. It would be a great legacy. Was upset when she reported that she had such a serious illness. I pray she had good years in there. She was a special person . An angel.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Actually, one of our members was able to get in touch with her son, despite a posting by her husband that indicated she had already passed (long story about him, and it's ugly), she is, at last hearing, in terminal coma and not expected to regain consciousness.

One of us will post when she passes.

Nancy

Thank you for the update. I am very sorry to hear all of this sorrow. I pray her suffering will be over and she will be at peace. This is so very sad and hard to wrap my head around.

Estherfromjerusalem

I am devastated. Ever since I came to conductdisorders, at least 15 years ago, maybe a couple of years more, I'm not sure, Abbey has been there, a real presence. She was a rock, so strong and solid. I'm sure her path to heaven will be immediate -- just imagine, she set up this place and has helped tens of thousands of people and their families to get through such difficult times. I have always felt a strong connection to her, and last night I wept for her -- even my husband was sympathetic, he knows how much Abbey meant to me. But yes -- she suffered so much lately, and now her suffering is over and she is at peace. May her memory be for a blessing.

Love, Esther

pasajes4

I began my journey on this site in 2009. I can't imagine how I would be still standing without this site and the wonderful people I have met since joining.

Abbey has given so many people a beacon of light in the midst of the dark swirling chaos our difficult loved ones create. May she have the peace and sanctuary she so lovingly deserves.

slsh

member since 1999
Abbey was such a blessing. She was a positive example of how to manage life with a G.F.G. with grace and strength and humor, and also a little bit of frailty and pain and sorrow. She was so wonderfully warm and human. I hope she knows that, without question, she is leaving us in a much better place than we would've been without her, and that she has left a permanent imprint on our hearts.

My thoughts are with her family and all those who loved her. May she have peace, always.

Lil

Like others here who didn't know her, this site is a wonderful legacy. I don't know how I would have survived the last few years without you. May she rest peacefully. All of you who did know her - I'm sorry for your loss.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I did not know Abbey but am grateful that she was the founder of this site. For those of you that knew her, thank you for sharing with the rest of us your memories of her. As her journey here on earth ends I pray that she will find rest and peace.