decision made :)

H

HaoZi

The best place if motion sickness might be an issue is wing seats, it's the most stable part of the plane in flight. Gum is the best thing for your ears when the pressure changes occur, can be quite painful for some. You'll want an aisle seat, I'll bet she'll want a window seat, lol. Remember to get up and walk around some in-flight to help circulation, and the recycled air on planes can be very drying. As for bringing your own snacks, you have to check with the airline, some allow it, some don't. Wear shoes you can slip on and off easy, I'm not sure if you have to take them off if you're using the new body scanners, but I know you do now for the regular metal detector. A friend of mine flew recently and her daughter is autistic, she brought paperwork with the diagnosis from the doctor because her daughter can't do the standing still with your arms over your head for the scanner thing, so they got whisked through on the old metal detectors and jumped to the front of most lines.

Marguerite

I'm not sure I would call peanut butter a liquid, but I have found their definition is sometimes different than mine.

Definitely they would consider it a fluid. Crazy, I know. But we've had a lot of fuss here in Australia because Vegemite is considered a fluid. I had an opened jar of Vegemite in my coat pocket when we were boarding in NZ to come back to Australia, and it had to be confiscated. I'd grabbed it off the breakfast table and forgotten to put it in the hold luggage.

So any peanut butter you take - if you have it in an obviously sealed container it might be OK. Mine had been opened (for breakfast - the jar was almost full, I was annoyed with myself).

And Vegemite looks like axle grease, peanut butter actually flows better than Vegemite (which doesn't flow at all).

So check in what form you can take peanut butter on the plane in your hand luggage. Small sealed sachets might be the answer.

Which brings me to - what about other foods available in sealed sachets? Tomato sauce (aka ketchup)? I wouldn't recommend Vegemite, it's too salty and you're already worrying about hydration, but other than the salt, Vegemite is a massive vitamin B pill.

Marg

Jena

Janet no the way this program works is she's admitted into the hospital which is a reg hospital for about a week, they insert the feeding tube she freaks out, than after the week they send her with-me to the house. she goes each a.m. very early i take her to the clinic right next door where they work with her all day long on eating, therapy and school work. i don't know the exact schedule of day yet. i will be there for alot of it. than at night we leave and return to the house and she'll sleep with me in our room, than i'll hook up feeding tube and do feedings at night.

their thought is they dont' want to worry about nutrition so they do feeding tube. they dont' ask the kid for eat for the first week, they just introduce her to the team of ppl that will be working with-her. and weekends there is no clinic at all just her with me at the house. they gurantee 95% that theyll get her to eat with-zero relapse. she's very afraid of the feeding tube. yet it is what it is.

Jena

oh and they let me stay in hospital with her. i'll sleep on a chair. their more the maudsley approach to refeeding as opposed to the other approach we tried which pushed seperation from parents. maudsley is the family based approach to it. too bad her whole family can't be there. husband can't fly out because we can't afford it. i'm hoping that maybe once he makes more money that he can come out for his birthday in feb. and spend a day or two with us. we'll c. cart before horse....

haozi thanks for ideas. yea we'll dress comfy for flites. my last flight was mexico about 4 hrs. yet my ms didn't kick in back than and well i knew i was going to be hanging at a bar in a pool totally diffferent mindset lol.

marg yea i'll call airline day before flite see what i can take on plane. we're flying delta to chicago and alaska air to oregon. odd........... no jet blue blue chips or movies on my seats!! soo sad. i love jet blue

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
<<<Hugs>>> I wish I lived in Oregan, I'd have you stay in my comfy guest room and we'd watch chick flicks :)

susiestar

Roll With It
If the hospital is anything like the one i took Jess to in TX then you will have a comfy place to sleep. Jess was actually jealous of my bed. It had about an 8 inch thinck foam mattress with cushions along one long edge. At night the cushions got pushed off and it was a bit wider than a twin bed. It didn't adjust like a hospital bed but it was a LOT more comfy. They also had a recliner, but it wasn't very comfy. The bed was perfect for me and I hope the hospital has something similar for you! Once you get to the clinic part, be sure to take some time every day for yourself. You will NEED the break.

I am glad they do not push separation. It sounds like they understand her a lot more than the other hospital. The other hospital seemed to want to just get stuck in power plays with the kids - NOT the way to handle a sensitive problem like an eating disorder. Keeping you all in my prayers!

Jena

chick flicks would be great lol, with a margarita..... :)

susie I don't know director told me that i could sleep at the house or at the hospital in a chair so im assuming that's what their is. i think i'm giong to take my aching self horseback riding this weekend and let pyscho dad say good by to her sunday for the day so i can get a break before i'm in lock down. i'm getting a bit grumpy and edgy and just had my own little mom meltdown because she's edgy also and asking way alot of questions obsessing actually and throwing me over the edge. we've also been in lock down in house since christmas day and i need some me time. the thought of being with her for mos on end just her and i well i love her yet it's going to be a challenge. especially hooking up feeding tube at night. oh man........ yup i'll be bringing my meditation cd's, xanas, green tea and my vitamins to keep me calm :)