Definitely battle weary

graceupongrace

I'm so exhausted. difficult child lost computer privileges because he got way too caught up in one of those online fantasy games. I told him I would re-evaluate after 30 days. Actually he was addicted -- he would play for 8-10 hours at a stretch and refuse to stop. He wouldn't eat, skipped going out with-friends, wouldn't go to bed, etc. Since then he has been determined to behave obnoxiously, just to get back at me for removing that privilege. He even lied about having to research an assignment for school. Took notes while I sat there watching him, then when I walked out of the room for a minute he was back on the game. Admitted later that there was no assignment. Now he acts up, and says he won't be respectful until I give him computer privileges again -- which, honestly, I don't want to do because of all the problems.

This latest struggle has me worn out to the point I can hardly think straight. When he's at school I just want to enjoy the moments of peace before he starts up again in the afternoon. And that's not very productive. Like most difficult children, he has his ups and downs, but he's really been on a roll for the last few weeks.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm convinced that no one understands this kind of battle fatigue unless they live with it.:faint:

BusynMember

Yeek. That kind of obsessive game playing reminds me of Asperger's kids. My son could play his certain beloved videogames forever and never get bored. And he might when he's grown up. He's fifteen too and always was this way. I don't stop him because I figure it's part of the disorder. But I make sure he has other activities to break it up and he has no choice but to go to them. My son has very narrow interests, which is typical Aspie. And when he gets ahold of something...he doesn't let up.