deleting stuff off cell phone

klmno

I noticed that on the office cell phone that I am allowed to use, difficult child apparently put his hotmail and aol email addresses on there last year. How can I delete them off? Unfortunately, they are not appropriate names and I would not want anyone from the office to see them.

witzend

What type of phone is it? If you pull off the back cover you should be able to see the make and model number. I could probably figure it out if I had that.

klmno

It is an AT&T LG; SKU 64675. There is another number that is CG225- I don't know what kind og number that is. I don't see anything that says "Model #".

Andy

We have a Nokia but maybe the steps are similar?

Click on Contacts
Search for name you need
Click Options
Scroll down to Delete (There is a delete number, but I would use Delete to delete the entire info?) Delete number was listed before delete - so keep searching until you get the right one.

In other words, pretend you are going to call the number and instead of hitting the dial key, click on options or details and keep searching for a Delete option (if you have "delete number", the name stays - you need to "delete all" which may just be "delete")

witzend

I have found the service providers to be very helpful at the 800 number when you call them up and say "my kid put something on my cell phone and I want to delete it (or change the password, whatever)." They can usually talk you through it in a couple of minutes. When you call them, just keep telling them you want to talk to a representative, or keep hitting 0.