Delightful lunch with .....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My niece K & I picked up wm from school & took him out to lunch. He was in a positive, upbeat mood & used the skills he learned to eat out & not embarrass himself.

The boy has one hollow leg, I'll tell you that.

K & wm connected quickly & they chattered away as only young adults can & will do. K was tickled by wm, how much he had grown & what a handsome young man he's becoming. The "chick magnet" dimples were out in full force as he smiled & laughed & talked appropriately during our meal.

I'm geniunely looking forward to visiting with wm again next week ~ many of you who have known me a long time & our circumstances, know that hasn't always been the case.

I'm proud of the young man wm is becoming. I don't know how far he can make it AND right now he's doing great.

susiestar

Roll With It
How wonderful! I think it is great that his future is unlimited, that you can't see limitations to what he can learn, do and grow! This visit sounds very positive and the change in wm sounds amazing!!!

Just like kt, wm has a lot to overcome, but people can overcome enormous obstacles if they have the gumption to keep trying and someone who believes in them.

Wm and kt are blessed to have you loving them and believing in them (even if sometimes you are just believing what major PITAs they can be - that is part of this parenting gig also!) AND to be the beneficiaries of YOUR incredible efforts to find the care they needed. So many parents just can't or won't take the fight to the level you have for kt and wm. There are reasons for the limits, but kt and wm are so lucky that YOU had the drive to say, "Nope. Not good enough. They need ALLLLLL these services and YOU are GOING to provide them."

I hope we will hear more positive updates on wm in the future. I think he can, I think he can!

Glad things are going well with your niece also. I am relieved that she is with you now, just in case something happens.

Hugs!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
This post truly brought a smile to my face. It is great to hear wm is doing so well. Prayers that he continues to improve:angel2:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
How nice for WM, the fact that K was able to share in this has to be nice for her to see as well.
She may be able to be a able to help with some of the communication one day between KT and WM?
Or at least be a comfort to the both of them.

Glad you had a nice lunch

everywoman

What a great post. It has been such a journey with Mr. Wm---I hope he continues to grow into the man we all hope we will be. And post pictures of the remodel when you can.

TerryJ2

I just had to re-read this. Anything with "delightful" in the subject heading has got to be a pick-me-up! :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a moment to savor! I hope he continues to make good progress and that his stability is very long-lasting! :D

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I was delighted to post a thread of this nature about wm. He's been in a very intense Occupational Therapist (OT) treatment for the past 10 months. wm is using his core strength & finally has a decent sense of balance.

He's not always on the move to keep himself balanced. He's learning thru this clinic a lot of self regulating of his body with all of wm's physical quirks.

The fun part was listening to him talk with K; his sense of humor just shone through & his conversation was very appropriate (albeit really really fast). I had to remind him that I'm a deaf old woman & he needed to slow down so I could understand. ;)

I was so glad to share something positive about wm with you all ~ it's been so long & he's been working very hard.

I'm so very proud of my son. He's maturing.