Delusional, suicidal..... attention seeking, manipulative

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt called last evening informing me that she was hallucinating & suicidal. I've yet to get hold of a staff person to see what the heck is going on.

In the meantime, darling ktbug says staff will be calling me to hide my pills, the knives, etc for her pass home this weekend.

You know, I've not kept in touch with all the going ons at Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I've had time for "normalcy" & used it. I guess I need to touch base after my weekend away & find out what the heck is going on ..... time for warrior mum mode.

I've so enjoyed the lack of chaos.

crazymama30

Wow. If she is telling the truth, would she still be allowed to come home for a weekend pass? Hope you can touch bases with someone soon and get the real scoop.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And it is SO hard to get that first hit after a brief interlude with normalcy....
Hugs. Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

keista

Ditto, and ditto.

Maybe SHE doesn't want the weekend pass and this is her way of getting out of it? Just a thought. BUT once you talk to staff, if they deny any of this is going on, and you tell them what she said, and they still allow the pass, I would certainly listen to her and hide the pills and knives. Doesn't really matter what her motivation is, it is the prudent choice of action.

T

TeDo

Sorry the "normalcy" has ended. If I were you, I would tell them what she has said and them REFUSE to let her have a week-end pass for now. If she really is suicidal, hiding everything won't matter because they usually tend to find another means or go looking for what you've hidden. Don't take on that stress. You don't need it.

Andy

I think I would be very very tempted to cancel the weekend pass.

If she really is hallucinating and suicidal, than that is why she is where she is - to get help. Being at home during a period that you are paying for in-patient treatment and having this behavior show itself defeats the concept of inpatient. Ask the staff to build into her treatment plan a timeline (with your approval) that she needs to go without hallucinating and showing suicidal thoughts before she can have a pass.

If she is not and is just looking for that over indulgent sympathy card that she is hoping you will play over the weekend to pamper her to no ends because she is so fragile (in her eyes now, I don't think you would but she may think otherwise) than play it now with a "It certainly sounds like you are not ready for an entire weekend pass. I would not be able to keep you safe. Let's give the facility more times to adjust your medications."

Is she being introduced to new medications that can be causing this. Maybe staff believe that a switch in the medication will have her o.k. by the weekend?

KTMom91

I would also consider cancelling the weekend pass. If kt is truly not stable, it probably isn't safe for either of you.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Right then ~ I finally got hold of kt's therapist. kt has promised not to kill herself. Gee, I kinda expect her not to do that.

Saying that, kt is likely exhibiting a bit of jealousy over my trip with wm. There's always been an extreme competition for my attention; an unhealthy competition. It's always been ugly & uncomfortable with the tweedles in the same room with me. Utter chaos.

This started almost the minute I left town with wm. AND it seems to be waning, for lack of a better word, now that I'm home & wm is back at foster mum's.

I informed ktbut that there would be no pass if I had to hide the medications, the knives, etc. If I have to do that then she isn't safe enough to come home on pass. Period. I let therapist know that as well. I will not bring a suicidal person home ~ don't care about the crisis plans in place. It's simply not happening.

I'll see tomorrow in family therapy what the status of said pass will be.

I'm getting over the lack of chaos. It seems to many of us are so conditioned to chaos & non stop "drama", if you will. I hate mental illness, I hate child abuse & the end results of said abuse.