Demi Moore's drug seizures

Nancy

My guess is that she smoked spice. The 911 call said she smoked something and it wasn't marijuana. I read that her AA sponsor recently died and she was very upset at her funeral.

Nancy

buddy

Dr Drew was talking about her getting real and getting help. She had issues in past right? I really feel for her.... she is so talented. I always thought that there was a huge risk that her relationship with such a young cute guy would end at some point... I mean she is amazingly beautiful for her age but in ten to fifteen years he will still look VERY young and she will look like his mother/grandma. Has to be very hard in their world.

Kathy813

Staff member
I read that she was getting high from nitrous oxide using cans of Redi-Whip. I had never heard of doing the before but this is how it is described:

Nitrous whips are when you huff the air that comes out of whipped cream cans. It is very dangerous.

Nitrous oxide, the propellant used in Reddi-wip (and approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)), is the same gas that is used as both a weak anaesthetic (primarily by dentists) and a performance enhancing oxidiser in motorsports.

Wouldn't you know . . . my difficult child always had me buying cans of Redi-whip. I asked difficult child about it today when we were grocery shopping and she acted like she had never heard of it before. She said she just liked whipped cream.

What next?

~Kathy

buddy

Well we were not in the drug use situation so it is different, but we always wanted it around our house too... still do.

The phone call to 911 the woman said she smoked something like pot but it wasn't pot.... that is the 911 tape.

Kathy813

Staff member
TMZ had originally reported the nitrous oxide story. Now the phone call does make it sound like she was smoking spice instead.

by the way . . was I the only person that didn't know you could get high using a redi-whip can?

Nancy

I had heard about the whip cream thing years ago. Have you seen the whip cream now that contains alcohol? Just one more way to attract young people to alcohol.

Nancy

H

HaoZi

I had heard about the whip cream thing years ago. Have you seen the whip cream now that contains alcohol? Just one more way to attract young people to alcohol.

Nancy

I've heard it tastes like kaka.

S

Signorina

Yes Buddy, you are the only person who didn't know you can get high from huffing LOL :p

I work in retail and I recently went to a loss prevention seminar. Apparently, it's not uncommon for grocery stores to receive bad batches of whipped cream and get returns from disgruntled customers. When they get more than a few back and call the manufacturer, they are gently told that it isn't a manufacturing problem - it's a store clerk issue. OOPS (and then they call loss prevention to figure out who and when)

And more than a few customer service people at grocery stores have had to ask customers returning multiple aerosol products that won't spray "do you have teenagers at home?" and gently try to explain what could be the problem...and refunding their money of course.

susiestar

Roll With It
You can get high from ANYTHING in a spray can as well and many dry erase markers etc.... The ONLY type of spray you can't get high from are those bottles where you have to pump the top several times to force air into the container before it will spray - Pampered Chef used to be the most common brand of these and they are made for cooking oil, etc.... Otherwise, if it is aerosol you can get high from inhaling the vapors.

The entire CHAIN of restaurants I worked for went to a cool whip type product instead of spray whipped cream and saved thousands of dollars a year. Employees were using it to get high and it costs a fortune. Our groceries often will insist that minors, esp young teens or middle school age kids, have an adult purchase aerosol things like whipped cream. We were surprised because husband forgot to get whipped cream and thank you ran back in to get it but came out to get husband. I think the policy is that you have to be 16. I also know that if you are in a group of teens you cannot purchase more than one can and you have to be 18 to purchase model airplane glue, superglue and almost any other similar glue. I am pretty sure it is because they got sued a long time ago.

buddy

OK this is going to sound really dumb....

If they use the spray whipped cream to get high.. do they first eat all the whipped cream or do they snif up the whipped cream... I mean, I figure that is not right but I just dont get how they do it and I am not trying to learn how to...LOL I just picture people with white stuff all over their faces and up their noses.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...I get carded for acetone nail polish remover.

Actually, I've known about whippets since I was a teen, but it always seemed like too much work to me.

We did have to hide the canned air from Onyxx.

susiestar

Roll With It
Buddy, the keep the can upright so the cream doesn't come out. Sometimes they do get a nose full of cream, but not often. Our groceries now have cameras aimed at the whipped cream. Seems in the middle of the night the idiot teenagers and college kids would go huff it right in the dairy aisle. They also have them aimed at the beer because periodically the kids take a couple of bottles out of the beer section and drink them in various places. They used to hide the empties in the shoes. Not in the boxes or the area, but actually IN the shoes, sticking out like a leg. It was quite odd to see, lol.

buddy

OK, that is so weird. In MN we don't have alcohol allowed to be sold anywhere but in liquor stores. (well the low alcohol stuff, what's it called 3-2 beer? I think those kinds of things you can find... but we do have grocery stores that have attached liquor stores...you have to go in a separate entrance. ) I always think it is fun when I visit my relatives and I can buy the beer or wine on the list (for family parties, not me... maybe some day I wont be such a light weight that way) right there in the store.

Thanks for the info, I just didn't get it.

lovemysons

Huffing Glade was the reason we sent young difficult child to Drug Rehab at age 13. That SAME week oldest difficult child told me of using cocaine. I was so scared!

But about Demi...
What is up with a celebrity who can have ANY drug in world huffing? I just find that so strange.

LMS

buddy

Did they finally find out that is what she was doing? Sounded like from the 911 tape they played, she was using synthetic pot.