Demo lady part 9001

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok. Yesterday I'm doing chocolate chip cookies (insert YAWN), but I have my music playing. I had a pretty funky song playing when two African American guys...TOTALLY blinged out, came strutting in the door. They were maybe about 280lbs. each, 25ish. Hats on backwards, saggy pants, etc.

As they came past me I said, "Hey...who are YOU to walk by me and not dance?"

These two guys looked at each other with that look like, oh, this is going DOWN look, then proceeded to do the best hip-hop/breakdance you could imagine. Then the Starbucks guys came out and joined. I'm telling you...I almost peed myself from laughter.

They got a round of applause from the customers who came around to watch.

Don't know if I sold any cookies, though. ;(

Abbey

4sumrzn

I still think it's awesome that you are entertaining people & doing such a great job!!!! And, NOW....you are getting them to participate! Way To Go! Maybe the cookies weren't "all that" either!?

Did your "missing" customer ever come back in or did I miss that post somewhere????

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, no...Bill has learned his lesson. ;) He comes in every day on cue with lots of stuff he has written as well as many, many photos. He actually warned me yesterday that he wouldn't be in on Monday as he has been invited to a dinner. He's a trooper.

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I want to shop at your store!

Abbey, you are going to be famous one of these days. Why isn't the local news there to have you as a feature story? Great publicity for the store and what a hoot!

:bravo:

Suz

Lothlorien

I was just thinking the same thing, Suz!

What a riot Abbey! I don't think I'd have the nerve to do what you do and I have a Jersey Girl attitude! You have Superman nerve!

Looking forward to more Bill stories.

DammitJanet

I think I would go shopping every day just to see what you were demoing. I have such a dull little life that it would be the highlight of my day just to go see you...lol. I bet you are the highlight of some folks days.

Ya know...when I go to Sam's and the sample lady is really nice to me, I do tend to buy her products so dont be surprised if you are encouraging sales.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I was just thinking the same thing, Suz!

What a riot Abbey! I don't think I'd have the nerve to do what you do and I have a Jersey Girl attitude! You have Superman nerve!

Looking forward to more Bill stories.

It's called...job security. I tucked my pride in a LONG time ago. People think I'm crazy. Wait a minute...I think I am. In fact, I know I am. Hmmm...:laughing:

Everyone loves Costo/Sam's Club. I have people tell me that they go there every day for lunch for the samples. But...(this is my small claim to fame, which is really sad) I give *BIGGER* samples. Now they come to me. Heck, I don't care. If someone says, "I wonder how this is?" I crack it open.

I still laugh about the Pomegranate juice. It's flipping $11 a bottle and it sells like hot cakes and right next to me. A customer commented on the price and I said, "Well...let's give it a try!" He was amazed that I would open up an expensive bottle of juice. For a side note, it was really good...but wouldn't spend that money. He did buy one, though.

Abbey

Lothlorien

I've gotten samples and then later found them in the aisle of the store and bought it. You'd probably be surprised how much you sell and don't even realize it. Besides, you bring people in on a daily basis just to see you, so that alone probably brings a few sales in, regardless if it's an item that you are selling or not.

4sumrzn

I'm so happy to hear Bill learned something from scaring you like that & very happy to hear he keeps you informed now so it won't happen again ;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
You SAW an opportunity and you took it.......

You have style girl, you have pnosh, you have all that jazz.....and YOU have CHOCOLATE???????

I would so shop there every day just to see you!

GOOD CATCH -

had to laugh at the way you described the brotha's -

Did they get a cookie?

DammitJanet

I really think you have sales talent. Or maybe its marketing talent...either way...dont sell yourself short. I think this is really your niche.

Abbey

Spork Queen
The bro's didn't take any chocolate. They just danced a good 3 minutes, laughed and walked on with their applause. That's fine with me.

Just got home from work. I swear to God people are so incompetant. Corporate sends out a calendar a month in advance to all departments. I remind whatever department a good week in advance, then the night or two before. So, I'm in my Hawaiian garb as I go in...no product. Ok. Time to wing it yet again.

I end up doing fresh made guacamole in a Hawaiian suit because the avacadoes were so cheap and fresh. Hmm...doesn't exactly match, but couldn't really change. All avacadoes and seasoning packages (which I would never use, but are pretty darn good) sold. Not one left.

I just need a job so bad right now and hope corporate respects what I do, or try to do. Ugh.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I owuld bet that even if the item you are sampling does not drastically increase in sales, STORE sales for the hours you are there DO increase dramatically. People spend more the longer they are in the grocery store. YOU keep them in there longer.

I wish our sample people were like you. The ONLY store that does samples has a bunch of dried up sour prunes doing the sampling. If you ask where the item is, they don't know!!! Not only is it not by them, they don't even bother to know where it is. They couldn't tell a lady where the refridgerated cooke dough was - not even "in the refridgerated aisle". It was pitiful. If you want info on the item, like one of those frozen meal kits, they can't tell you the brand. And they look at you as though you are rude to ask what brand!

Maybe you should start doing NATIONAL sample lady training. I think it would be a great thing, they would have to pay for your travel, and certainly give you a promotion. And you can tell them MY state needs you FIRST!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I owuld bet that even if the item you are sampling does not drastically increase in sales, STORE sales for the hours you are there DO increase dramatically. People spend more the longer they are in the grocery store. YOU keep them in there longer.

I wish our sample people were like you. The ONLY store that does samples has a bunch of dried up sour prunes doing the sampling. If you ask where the item is, they don't know!!! Not only is it not by them, they don't even bother to know where it is. They couldn't tell a lady where the refridgerated cooke dough was - not even "in the refridgerated aisle". It was pitiful. If you want info on the item, like one of those frozen meal kits, they can't tell you the brand. And they look at you as though you are rude to ask what brand!

Maybe you should start doing NATIONAL sample lady training. I think it would be a great thing, they would have to pay for your travel, and certainly give you a promotion. And you can tell them MY state needs you FIRST!!!

I hope I don't look like a sour old prune!!:scared:

Although that is what I'm supposed to be doing, I'll do anything that needs to be done. I straighten shelves, help customers, stock, etc.

My 'personal' shopper came in yesterday. I clocked 33 minutes that I walked him around the store shopping FOR him. I finally said, "You just come in here to flirt." He said...yep. Naughty old guy.

Abbey