Demo lady update

Abbey

Spork Queen
My, my...how things change.

I go into work yesterday dressed as a Hawaiian and corporate is there with a NEW demo lady waiting for me. First thought is...did I lose my job??? No, they want me to train all new demo people. They went from 53 stores to 12 and want to ramp it back up.

I said, "Do you realize most people are not as insane as me? Most people would not wear what I am wearing today, bring a boom box, and come as a fireman tomorrow."

Their response? Give it a shot.

This poor girl yesterday. She was horrified of stepping out of the box. She's looking at me like I'm a lunatic. By the end of the day she kind of softened up. I'll bring her a fireman's hat today. ;)

Abbey

4sumrzn

They will be learning from the pro!!!! Does that mean you get paid more for training them too??? Just curious.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LMAO!!!

I just LOVE it!!! Did you hint that this sort of creativity that boosts sales (whether for the product or not) deserves a raise???

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I love it!

Did you tell them if they have a store in MO that there's another wack-job looking for work there who will dress right up with ya??? lol

Congrats.

Abbey

Spork Queen
No talk of money yet. But, if this is going to be an ongoing thing, I will definetely bring it up.

Now, I'm putting on my fireman's suit and hat and going to work.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hmmmm... what's on the menu for tomorrow? Airline pilot? Dominatrix? Chicken suit?

And WHERE are the PICTURES? We need PICTURES!

Mattsmom277

Your job updates are incredibly entertaining. This book I read about a nanny in Manhatten had the same tone of humor as your updates about your job. You should turn your exeperiences into some sort of fictional humorous novel. I can totally see it! I will edit it for you HEHE.
You should be taking pictures! What a hoot! It sounds like you are having so much fun with this position. I'm green with envy!

Abbey

Spork Queen
What I want to know is....

Where are you getting all these costumes?

:rofl:

I also own a DJ business so I have a lot of props. Yes...I have a chicken suit. Dominatrix? I won't comment. ;)

You know, the book idea is not that bad. I hear so many people's life stories each day. I still look forward to seeing the 89 year old man who comes in every day at the same time. His teeth fall out as he's talking...I don't care. He's just so lonely after losing his wife of 51 years. He always asks what I'm going to be tomorrow. :)

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Will be tuning in for the next chapter of "The Demo Lady"........

I'm thinking your whole job has to do with being approachable......when someone dresses up to "suit the occasion" it lets people know that they enjoy what they are doing and are approachable....don't know if you can teach that to others.......enjoy the ride and hope it lasts....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well... I'd loan you mine, but it's at the cleaners this week ;)

HA!

You certainly live in a town of colorful people with even richer stories to tell. I agree that a fabulous memoir of sorts is just waiting for you to get it all down on paper!

Abbey

Spork Queen
What are you demoing as a fireman? I'm thinking something super spicy?

It was fire wings that are made fresh. Customers loved it, yet again I scared the cr@p out who I am training. ;) She's looking at me like...do I really have to do this??? No, not unless you're middle aged and need some excitement. She kept turning down the music while I'm dancing to Hot, Hot, Hot. Come on!!

Haha, Shari...join me any day. We'd have our own personal party.

Now, hot flash stuff would be GREAT. Hmmm...got to think about that. Bagged ice? I'm not sure my 'man' manager would get that concept.

89 year old Bill didn't come in today. :( That concerns me.

On a personal side, I gave this lovely 7 year old girl a sticker. (I'm sticker lady). She thanked me and gave me a huge hug. I literally started crying as I turned around. It made me realize how much I miss working with kids. I took my relished 10 minute break then.

Cinnamon rolls tomrrow.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Even corporate recognizes that

1.) You are management material

2.) You ARE a teacher...and you remember that - irregardless of WHAT you are teaching - you are STILL teaching.

NO GO OUT THERE AND TEACH THEM THE NAKED CHICKEN LIVER IN THE MOONLIGHT DANCE!!!!!!!!

MAKE ME PROUD GIRL

SHAKE YOUR LIVERS!!!!!!!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. First it's Trojans and now it's the Liver Dance.

I will **** my pride in and do it, although I don't know what it is. Just thow me some food that I can give out free and a scary costume that I can muster.

Now, as anal as I am, I have to google the liver dance.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok, if corporate let's me do this....sheesh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge6wygIlzCY&feature=related"]YouTube - Liver dance![/ame]

Abbey