Demons

newstart

I remember years ago when my daughter's behavior was horrific, I was wondering if the devil took over or if it was severe mental illness. I believe there is a difference. With my bipolar brother in law, I think he is just bipolar, even as ugly as he acted, I felt he was just acting out of bipolar. My bipolar sister allowed a demon to live within for a short period of time, I do not feel this anymore. My bipolar mother in law was the same way. The demon came in and out. I believe there was a time my daughter allowed a demon in her. During my daughters darkest hours I would pray the Lord's prayer over her.

I explained to my daughter in FULL detail that drinking, doing drugs and bad living invites demons into the soul. I think that may have been one of the turning points in her life. I asked her if she enjoyed pleasing the devil. My daughter was dating a young man one time and they were fighting, my daughter taped the fight and the young man's voice changed and it did sound like a demon. I think that was the last time she dabbled in drinking. She learned right then and there bad living invites bad entities. I now believe that when she is off track it is more bipolar/borderline driven than demonic. It does not matter if it is severe untreated bipolar or demonic, the result is the same, damage,chaos and filth everywhere they go.

I read a post where RN0441 wrote about that her husband saw a demon in her son's room.
I too have seen and felt demon's on people and it is different than out of control mental illness.
Last summer I was talking to my neighbor, a Baptist woman that goes to Church regularly, and I felt she became demon possessed. It was so shocking that my heart went into palpitations. It was past the line of just mean or mental illness. Some people are just deep down mean, or deep down ill and then there are some that just invite\allow demons to live inside. Meaness, and acting horrible feels demonic but there is still a difference.

None of us want to think that demons live within our children. It is so hard to admit.
Just getting on a good path, to be a contributing human, to do good things can wipe them out quickly and completely. I noticed the rosary my daughter has in her bedroom. I noticed the Bible next to her bed, even though it has 2 inches of dust on it.
Everyday I work on handing it all over to God.

BusynMember1

I am a strict Christian but believe mostly that demons are on Earth and in our heads and that God can overpower any evil.

I am sorry for what you have gone through. I
My mother'heart hurts for you. Do take care of yourself. Prayers of light and love.

Beta

There is definitely a spiritual component to whatever is going on within troubled and out of control people. People are more than just "physical" beings; we have a spirit and a soul. All three aspects of our being overlap and affect each other. We are affected spiritually by the choices we make, and that includes our troubled children.
I explained to my daughter in FULL detail that drinking, doing drugs and bad living invites demons into the soul.

Yes, demons can "gain a foothold" in our lives when we open ourselves up to certain things. I have no doubt there is a spiritual oppression going on with our son, as well as the potential Bipolar. For many years now, he has indulged in quite a bit of unforgiveness and bitterness toward anyone he felt had wronged him, and this was before he even showed any mental illness symptoms. I believe hate, unforgiveness, and bitterness are like a poison that eat away at you and give the demonic an opening to influence and oppress.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Yes. I so believe that there is good and then there is evil.

It IS black and white.

Evil comes directly from Satan. My husband stands by what he saw in our son's room that night. When my son was using his room was always cold and it smelled "off". My son was not himself. He is a kind and gentle soul and that is why I knew that we had crossed into dare I say another dimension.

I do know that my son is aware of the Devil also and I do remind him NOT to let him into his heart....again. He doesn't deny any of it. I wish this was make believe but it isn't. We have to acknowledge it.

Thankfully good will always triumph but we have to be aware.

Blindsided

Face the Sun
I feel I am whole when I address all my needs, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. There is a great deal of evidence to show we thrive when we replace toxic behaviors with healthy ones. My Difficult Child has sure acted demon possessed, but I believe that her alcohol and prescription drug abuse have altered her brain chemistry. I am a Christian and on a spiritual front (not religious, there is a difference) I see addiction as the work of the devil. I appreciate everyone's sharing. It does help me let go. More prayers. In healing, Blindsided

RN0441

I agree that addiction is the work of the devil hands down. That is what I was trying to say also.

JMom

My son said when he and his friends (were high) they would talk about how God isn't real and all the reasons why. He said in hindsight, they were feeling guilty about stealing, lying, manipulating everyone and trying to dismiss the guilt. When he talks about his cravings, his addiction, the hand and face gestures look really evil. He suffers because of it. I think he is starting to forgive himself. I think they can do as the Bible instructs and say Satan get behind me.

RN0441

My son said when he and his friends (were high) they would talk about how God isn't real and all the reasons why. He said in hindsight, they were feeling guilty about stealing, lying, manipulating everyone and trying to dismiss the guilt. When he talks about his cravings, his addiction, the hand and face gestures look really evil. He suffers because of it. I think he is starting to forgive himself. I think they can do as the Bible instructs and say Satan get behind me.

Well my son apparently left his Demon in Naperville, IL. The buyers of the house were not very nice so maybe he can chill with them LOL

Beta

I completely agree there is a spiritual component to the thoughts and behaviors of our Difficult Child. We are not just physical or emotional beings; we have a spirit and a soul. I believe Josh has opened himself up to spiritual oppression from Satan, from choices he has made for many years, that have given Satan a foothold in his life to work and to reap destruction. Not that that negates Josh's will or responsibility, but there is a spiritual aspect in the issues he has. I pray constantly that God will continue to pursue him and soften his heart toward Him and that he will turn back to God, for both mental and spiritual healing.