desparate for advice- long

ALogan3

You did not fail your son. YOU are an awesome parent, or you would not be here. The sd did.

My son has done everything your son has and more. He has even attempted to kill the neighbor kids at the age of 7. They had put him on Prozac, it induced mania in him that is irreversable. So my son has chemically induced bipolar. When his bipolar is not controlled he has full fledged conduct disorder. When they get him on the right antipsychotic~Risperdal~ at the right dose~ all the symptoms of conduct disorder completly disappear. Even the psychiatrist has seen this as much as he hates to admit it.

You might go read the following site and see if anything clicks:
http://www.klis.com/chandler/home.htm

I have been beating my head against the court wall for two years now, so I simply dont know what to tell you. A good defense atty for difficult child would be a plus.

Keep breathing.
I am praying for you.
{~{~lmno~}~}

Huge Hugs,
Andrea

Michellenurse0

First things first, he is in there unmedicated? OH MY GOD. He has been on medication for awhile and then he has nothing. Well that is why he is shaking and a wreck. He is going through drug withdrawls. you should never stop an antidepressant without tappering the drug first. It puts the person in a downward spiral. Basically they start to freak out. That i can tell you from personal experience. And how dare they keep him there unmedicated. That to me is just as cruel. You can have all the paper work fixed. Call the psychiatrist who wrote the cruel to animals statement and the fire starter to fix it. They made the mistake. I work in healthcare and they need to fix it. It sounds like he might have an impulse control problem. Have you taken him to a pediatric neurologist? Sometimes they can diagnose things we dont know about or i should say psychiatrist doesnt know about. Kids walk around with undiagnosed conditions all the time and just shoved under the carpet with a "behavioral" problem. Dont give up. You are doing all you can. You didnt fail your child. If you did then so did everyone on this board. Unfortunalty we all have that common denominator~ our difficult children. We love them and when things go wrong we look at ourselves and think What did i do wrong, is this my fault, Im an aweful mom. Give yourself a break. Dont give up. Good luck. Michelle

klmno

i'm planning to call psychiatric and psychiatrist about paperwork and asking about if they kept nnotes from last year, but i'm worried that they are going to just try to CYA because everyone just wants to document any aspect that could have been risky to someone else, she didn't even write in her report anything about the high risk behavior to his own safety, (whether it could have potentially caused harm to someone else or not)which was occurring a lot more often than anything else, so now that GAL says he could be a danger to society, are the docs going to be brave enough to say he's not? Of course, last year, when he was completely erratic, they were the ones acting like I was over-reacting when I jumped thru hoops to get him in an acute hospital, then they all recommended he go back to his regular school, and none of them ever found reason to report anything to "appropriate authorites". so, am i allowed to become manic with her if she didn't keep notes of details i reported???

Michellenurse0

Here is the thing. Doctors cant remember everything you say. They have a ton of patients, so she isnt going to remeber anything you told her. You probably should have him reavaluated by a pediatric neuroligist. The SD never listens to the parent because any behavior that they think isnt from a medical condition is just that a "bad behavior" an "uncontrollable child". Keep on plugging call the docs and see what they have. You have a right to all the reports, nothing is confidential when it comes to your child. If he had high risk behavior to himself then she BETTER have documented that. My other suggestion is that you keep a dated diary of his behavior and non behaviors. Maybe you can see some type of behavior pattern. Mood swings , things that lead up to what is going on, what may trigger his behavior. Plus if you keep a record account of what happened , you wont be stuck with no reports or accounts of his self destructive pattern. At least you will have a leg to stand on. When you see any docs make sure you go to your car and write down all you spoke about , while it is clear in your head. A year later things slip your mind and if you have it documented you sure dont have to worry about what the doctor didnt write. Good luck, let me know how you made out.