Destination ideas/vote

mstang67chic

Going Green
So.........according to my calculations, the winner in the destination vote is ........Ohio.

I've ordered some travel guides and such from their tourism bureau to see what there is to do there.

Off the top of my head I know that Columbus has a zoo and is about an hour away from a really cool outdoor theater, Cleveland has a zoo, the lake and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cinci has....um, well I'm sure Cinci has a lot of things.

Any preferences, ideas, suggestions?

M

ML

I just checked air fares from Denver to Columbus. I don't know if I'll be able to do this after all. Boy air fares have gone up (along with gas prices). I will be with yall in spirit. And if anyone wants to do a Vegas trip sometime let me know. It's within driving distance and if we room with each other you can get really cheap deals. ML

Star*

call 911........call 911
Cute - Cleveland zoo - we're with animals all year that aren't very well behaved - maybe time to go see some that are. lol

I like that idea, but it is a LOT of walking - unless of course I can get you to push me in a dolphin shaped stroller.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
There is a big outlet mall outside Columbus, in Jeffersonville, OH. Don't know if we have any shoppers, but it's a huge mall and down the road is a "Ballards" outlet and Frontgate outlet too. Would think there is lots to do around Columbus or Cinci......

susiestar

Roll With It
Cinci has a lot of really great things to do. Covington KY is right over the river so that opens a lot of other stuff.

The Cinci Zoo is amazing. Especially the white tigers.

There is a fabulous, and largely indoor Farmer's Market. IF you like lots of international foods, they have a grocery store with amazing things (more of an experience than a grocery store the way most people think of them. You can arrange amazingly inexpensive tours there where you get a TON of samples and things. http://www.junglejims.com/ . Before you think of me as nuts, check out hte website.

Cinci has a trio of museums in the Railroad terminal (and you can still takea train from Union Terminal, as far as I know! The museums are a natural history museum, History museum and an amazing children's museum.

There is an aquarium in Covington.

Downtown has a wonderful square with the fountain shown in WKRP in Cincinnati.

This would be my preference, but I can work with any location.

It may be vastly cheaper to fly into and out of Indianapolis, then rent a car and "carpool" to Cinci. Or Columbus. Previously we saved over 1/2 on plane fare by going in and out of Indy. I know Cincy very well, was born there, then lived there for 7 years with husband. I also have relatives all over the city.

Maybe once we figure out what kinds of things we want to do we can then see which city as more of what we need?

I can/will drive to anywhere in OH. Will probably carpool with KJs. Dreamer, if you are coming, you too. Beth (Cat in Hat) you can meet us in Chicago and carpool. Slsh too. Anyone else from WI who wants to can drive as far as Chicago and we can ride together.

I checked on an OH tourism website (did not have a whole lot of time) and was just scanning through the national parks. I don't know everyone's preference, like do we want cabins, a lodge, hotel, etc. but there is just about anything you could wish for if you search. Golfing, tennis, a lake, nearby shopping, historical landmarks, Amish country... there is literally something for everyone.