Detachment 102!

KTMom91

Miss KT is on a rampage. My brother's kids have been visiting my mother for a few days, and she has not handled it well. Especially having N around...he's 10, she has been irritated with the air the kid breathes, and she feels the need to text me to relay her discontent. Additionally, we got her a car so I can have the truck back. The car is a five-speed, so she has to learn to shift. Yesterday she was doing very well.

Starting at 10:30 this morning, I read about how my mother is complaining about everything, including the weather in China; how N watches nothing but cartoons; she wants to watch Millionaire but only got to watch the news; she's bored and wants me to take her shopping; she can't leave the house because they're working on the road; and all this is MY fault because I bought her a car she couldn't drive.

The issues with the kids...well, you're an only child, relax. I'm not having a good day with my knee, so I'm not going anywhere. Plus, I just bought you a car...I don't have any money. If you're bored, go to the gym. You've spent the past few months complaining about the gas mileage on the truck, now you have something else to drive. Go practice around the neighborhood.

She's furious. I'm feeling pretty good. I did not argue. I did not fuss. I simply responded to her messages in a calm and rational manner.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Way to keep your cool, mom! It's so hard to do, believe me, I know! Maybe she just needs to go for a walk to burn off some of that irritable energy?

Star*

call 911........call 911
WAY TO GO MOM -

I can drive a stick - send her here -after Aunti Star's Driver School? She'll walk FOREVER!!!!! lol (evil auntie laugh)

Andy

The ability to text does have its good side. It is easier to respond to written words than listen to verbal and watch body language.

Great job with keeping your cool. Were you secretly thinking, "So glad I am not there!" Is that what helped you through?

Why is it that 10 - 11 year old boys can get on 16 - 18 year old girl's nerves so easy? I am constantly telling my 18 year old, "You never obeyed me, why do you expect difficult child to?"

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well I was going to say send her to Auntie Beth but Star jumped in with the volunteer. I taught easy child's father to drive a stick and my step brother before he was my step brother. I am pretty good at it. Truthfully I am self taught. My first car was a stick and after it was paid for I had to drive it home.

beth

TerryJ2

Yaaaaay!

I'm thinking that as much as blaming you, she is venting in general.

Still, you handled it excellently! Bravo.
P.S. Isn't texting easier than face-to-face for diffusing things? :)