Detachment

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I just read the following quote and thought it fitting for those of us engaged in detachment. I have found this to be the truth.... not easy to attain, however, remarkably liberating.

"Detachment, also expressed as non-attachment, is a state in which you overcome your attachment to the desire for things, people or concepts of the world, thus attaining a heightened perspective. The detached person is the happiest, for to live without attachment is to live in true freedom. It is important to note, however, that the Buddhist principle of detachment does not mean that you no longer care for things or people but rather that you separate your own existence from them in such a way that means you can still care about them but that you are not dictated or defined by their existence."

BusynMember

I have read these, RE. I agree very much. I would also add to live without expectations is akso freeing. That way you are just focesed on the now, aware of an important truth...we have no control over anything others fo or over luck, good or bad. We just are in the moment.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I just read the following quote and thought it fitting for those of us engaged in detachment. I have found this to be the truth.... not easy to attain, however, remarkably liberating.

"Detachment, also expressed as non-attachment, is a state in which you overcome your attachment to the desire for things, people or concepts of the world, thus attaining a heightened perspective. The detached person is the happiest, for to live without attachment is to live in true freedom. It is important to note, however, that the Buddhist principle of detachment does not mean that you no longer care for things or people but rather that you separate your own existence from them in such a way that means you can still care about them but that you are not dictated or defined by their existence."
I need to Chanel me some Budah today thanks for sharing.