Did anyone watch...

mstang67chic

Going Green
...the Grammy's the other night? I had it on while I did other things and I'm so glad I caught Pink's performance. I'm not a huge fan of hers in the sense that I don't follow her but I do like some of her songs. She blew me away with this performance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMuhwrpVtw"]YouTube- PINK - grammy's 2010[/ame]

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yup! I watched the show. I had seen Pink's performance of this act from her tour on another channel before. She is an amazing performer!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Meh. She sounds like she could be decent with some proper voice training, but that "breathy" style and the fact that she hits a lot of flat notes just doesn't do it for me. The costume is pretty tacky as well.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I'm impressed! I could never do this nor sing like her. I am always in awe of people who go for it and do what they feel is their calling.
And she is ripped!

LittleDudesMom

I thought Pink's performance was good too. I thought there were a number of great performances. I enjoyed the Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce, the trio of rappers/hip hoppers featuring Little Wayne (though I wish he would pull his pants up!), Mary Blige and Andre B (not going to butcher the spelling of his last name), and I loved Taylor Swift! I also enjoyed the tribute to MJ - they were singing their hearts out - unfortunatley, I didn't have any 3D glasses so it was just blurry! I thought, all in all, it was good representation of the vast flavors of music. I enjoyed it.

Sharon

gcvmom

Here we go again!
(though I wish he would pull his pants up!)

Amen to that one! I cannot STAND to see guys wearing their pants that way. I think it's worse than plumber butt (although that's a close second), followed by girls who let their thongs show above their pants.

I have to say that I do not think Taylor Swift is a very good live singer. She was off-key a lot and just did not seem to have the chops needed for some of the songs. She sounds great in the studio, though!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I think that's it. In the studio and properly mixed and multi-tracked, Pink might sound good. I don't have perfect pitch, but I'm nearly tone deaf and still didn't like her performance.

I do like Beyonce. I think she's a tremendous talent all around.

I HATE the stupid baggy pants with the boxers showing look. It just looks stupid. The only thing I can figure is that they can't run as fast from the cops when they are holding their pants up with one hand.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You don't like the girls with the Whale Tail??? Why in Heaven not???
I think it looks SOOOOOOOO good.
I just don't know how the pants can stay on? They have the belt tightened around their thighs! I see all types of kids wearing this look!
I HATE IT!
If I had a daughter or son donning either of these looks I would have to give them constant wedgies! LOL

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I can remember years back when husband was contracting at the same company I worked for (he was running the executive dining room, and I was a support supervisor). We managed to grab a break at the same time.

Some girl from HR came out and she was wearing a sheer white skirt with a black thong underneath that.

husband, being husband, wanted to go tell her she'd forgotten her slip, LoL.

I've never even worn a thong. There are things one just knows instinctively will be really uncomfortable.

husband did wear a speedo swimming in Germany (or he swam in his altogether), but he had the body for it. I never did, even in my thin and in shape days.

He used to call "thongs" "Butt-Floss", which just doesn't sound comfy, does it?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
'Stang, I thought they'd feel like a constant wedgie and just getting my briefs twisted around can make me insane. (I'm built so I carry my weight in front. I have no butt, so my panties bag in back, so to speak).

It's funny; a month ago I was at a restaurant in Milwaukee that had a big sign at the door that said: No baggy pants. No visable underclothing. Hats must be worn with the brim facing forwards. No chain wallets.

Turns out they were across the street from a club frequented by people who wore those sorts of clothing. I thought it was a good idea, but I wonder if they'll get nailed on discrimination charges.