***Did everyone survive?***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's been very quiet in PE today. I hope this is good news- that you are all so busy being spoiled (or at least acknowledged!) with Mother's Day attention that you aren't near your computers.

Do tell!

Suz

everywoman

Me, spoiled rotten. But after years of just having the day spoiled by rotten kids, it was nice to be treated with respect and dignity.

trinityroyal

Survived and thrived.
I swear, my husband must be psychic. Not only did he make a point of acknowledging the other mother in the room during mother in law's Mother's Day party yesterday, he arranged for me to loll in bed all day today, he scrubbed the house, he and difficult child cleaned up the garden, and then difficult child, husband, Step D and her boyfriend prepared a lovely dinner for me.

I was gobsmacked. Tickled pink. And especially after resigning myself to expecting nothing. What a wonderful day.

(difficult child behaved appallingly, but that's nothing new, so no biggie and certainly not a day-ruiner)

Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day.

Trinity

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I couldn't be any happier! It's strange how we lower our expectations and things seem to get better...husband ran the vacuum, easy child and he went to Nordstrom's (easy child's idea) and got me a $100.00 GC! I've always received plants for MD. I am so grateful, some of my undies are older than easy child and we don't make a move if a coupon isn't involved....The sun was shining after days of rain. difficult child 1 was home (sort of), we ate and avoided any fights. Life is good and I'm still alive!!!

Hope everyone else survived. It's interesting, I thought of you all ALL day long. Misery loves company???

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
It was ok - Dan gave me a hug, a kiss and a card, Jamie bought me a beautiful cup with tons of beautiful flowers, and is take me to dinner soon - he won't tell me where though (hoping its Indian Food). Eldest sent me a text at 8:00 this morning, but I did call her to say Happy Mothers Day, and Syd stained the redwood planter he made me a while back, and we went shopping to fill it with some Herbs.

I treated myself to the Sims game for my PSP, and a new scale. Why the scale, I don't know - I much preferred the weight I was on my 15 year old one - this one is digital and when I stood on it in the store, I not only gasped but so did SO. ROFLMBO The treadmill is now in my living room plugged in and ready to use.

Oh and I now own a Topsy Turvey Tomato thingie which is on the front porch. So hopefully in two months I will have some fresh tomato's and enough little herb stuff for one fresh meal :)

Marcie

Yes I survived too. My daughter and her hubby got back from Charleston and came over and cooked steak. My daughter gave me a charm for my charm bracelet and a La Ti Da - if you dont know what that it is - it gives off a wonderful aroma when you put scented oil in it and you burn it for hours - it was in the shape of a sea shells - my easy child son gave me some roses but we never made it to the movies - my hubby got back andhelped grill out - my difficult child did call and say Happy Mothers Day can you come and get me and at the time I couldnt so I told him to call me later and I tried to call him but never got in touch - so he wasnt here. But everyone that was made it a wonderful mothers day for me!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
WAHOOO, gang. So far, so good! :D

Rob came up yesterday to celebrate MD. He arrived carrying flowers and took me to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. :faint:

We ran some errands and he came back here and cleaned the gutters and inspected my roof and where the leak is. He offered to re-shingle the area one of these days. We'll see.

It was a significant day. It was the first time I've been alone with Rob for any length of time in 7 years. It was simply wonderful. I didn't correct his grammar and I didn't comment on his tons of tattoos. I perfected the art of the bobblehead. And the beauty of it was that we actually talked. That was the best MD gift of all.

Oh..........and he even called today to wish me a Happy MD "for real."

WOW.

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
It was good and uneventful. I got 2 ferns for the front porch.
I spoke to easy child who called. No drama and not being ignored is good.

Andy

After a "It's none of your buisness! I am 18 years old" nasty conversation yesterday, I was very surprised and pleased with the card Diva presented to me. It is so unbelievable that I keep reading it over and over again.

"Happy Mother's Day, Mom, from your daughter ...... who loves you more every single day!"

Just plain WOW!

Then at dinner, she told me about another one that she almost got ...

"Sorry for all the carp you have had to deal with"
"Don't end a sentence with a preposition"
"O.k. Sorry for all the carp you have had to deal with.... B!+(H!"

Now that is more of what I would have expected from her so the one she chose is extra special.

She also bought two double frames and put pictures of her, difficult child, and diva puppy in for me to put at my desk at work.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mine wasn't horrible. Nothing special though either. Daughters had their own Mother's Day plans........then we had to skuttle over to mother in law's this evening so she wouldn't feel left out.

Nichole and Aubrey gave me a gold heart necklace with Nana inscribed on it. Darrin and Brandon.....a potted flower with Darrin's hand print and Brandon's footprint and a card Darrin made me. by the way it's Nana's Day.....not Mother's Day (according to him) LOL

I think husband thought mowing the yard was somehow a mother's day present...... *shaking my head*

Oh, well. Not bad. And at least easy child didn't go overboard. I like the flower and the necklace. :)

witzend

husband is still working plenty of overtime, so there wasn't much too special. We met L for dinner at a rib joint. We split the check. Oh, well. But she got me a very pretty basket of Million Bells, so that was nice. They came back to the house and her boyfriend played with the dogs in the yard, then he offered to help put up my giant lattice for my beans. That was pretty cool. I had told husband to call him in advance and ask him to do that, but he wouldn't. So it was nice that he offered, and we got that chore done.

I bought my Jack Lalanne Juicer from someone on Craigslist, so we went to the grocery and bought a bunch of fruit. Yumm. It's delicious. It's a chore to clean, but I made a fairly large batch that shoud last a day or two, so I am happy with that.

KTMom91

We got through with no cross words...which is nothing short of miraculous! It was close for a while, since Hubby didn't take his medications, and he's a real jerk when he doesn't. Miss KT made a red velvet cake for me, Buddy got me a silver bracelet that says "Woof" on it, and Hubby says my present is going to Cleveland.

Had lunch with my mom, and dinner with Hubby's family. Miss KT did laundry, took out the garbage, cleaned up after the kittens, all without being asked. It was a nice day.

jbrain

I had a nice day, pretty low-key. difficult child 1 called in the morning so that was nice. If you remember, she had strep throat and an inflamed thyroid and I sent money for her medicine. She says she is feeling much better now so I was glad to hear that. We had a real nice talk.

husband and difficult child 2/easy child and I went out to dinner and that was fun. Then my easy child son called and said a present was on the way. I was so surprised--I wasn't sure he would even know it was Mother's Day! He said he was sick all week--running a 104 temp at one point, thinks he had the flu. Since he already had the regular flu a few months ago I am guessing it might be the swine flu. He missed the whole week at work, says he felt horrible. He says there are 60 cases of it in his county so I would guess that's what he had. I'm glad I didn't know til he was pretty much over it.

Glad to hear of no disasters so far for you other moms!

Jane

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Not bad. difficult child 2 got me roses through school, difficult child 1 made me a bag with a flower & a card (this is the first MD anything I have ever gotten from her). Also she and husband did a smidge of cleaning in the house.

I informed them I wasn't doing anything useful at all on Sunday. Hahaha. Joke was on me. husband worked Saturday night so I expected him to come home & go to sleep. Yeah. I did take a nap mid-day. Then he decided to take one. Fine, but then he wouldn't get up when he said to wake him. BM brought difficult child 2 back an hour and a half late, he came in crying because she told him it was his fault he forgot his backpack and that he thought he was supposed to be back later. How is that HIS fault? Got him calmed down and popsicled. Dishes piled in sink, difficult child 1 demanding I go get husband's nail clippers for her. Uh huh. Reminded her I'm on strike.

So it was good until about 4:40 PM! Then it was like, OK, day's over, back to normal. Sigh.

I did get a cute card from my Mom, and from father in law, and from mother in law too. Perhaps someday I will get husband trained in that... I'm the one that buys all the cards! (We have a drawer full of emergency backup cards... He could even dig there!)

Well, it could have been worse. At least I got remembered. And I'm probably being picky. There are a lot of moms who have it a lot worse than I do.

M

ML

It was a very nice day. I too have come far along the path of releasing expectations and therefore I'm seldom disappointed. Stepson J said "HMD" and even gave manster a few minutes of positive attention. Stepson R came by to have dinner with us. Just having them show up to acknowledge the day was nice. husband grilled burgers and a veggie burger for me (gravitating towards vegetarianism). Earlier in the day we went to a Rockies baseball game (they won!) and manster was well behaved. Well ok we didn't test it and said yes more than no to the various food vendors that came by with ice cream, cotton candy, peanuts, ice cream, hot dogs, etc. If we go to another game strict food rules will be established ahead of time. Manster was more involved with the food than the game so another game any time soon is unlikely.

All in all a wonderful day.

Hugs and love to all,

ML

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It was a nice day. I posted over on the Watercooler thread.

easy child and difficult child gave me an aerogarden and cards. easy child wrote me the most beautiful things in her card, filled with gratitude and love...I'm her best friend, etc. She said her friends are envious of how close we are. I'm trying not to glow too much over this, as I know each day presents it's own circumstance, but it was nice to read. difficult child said, "I like to keep things short and sweet but I mean everything she said too!" Hahaha.

H dragged me on a hike with the dogs, which was not in my MD plan, but it was nice nonetheless. We're like retarded people when we talk about anything other than the day to day superficial, but I tried and was not surprised that the conversation died after that. Oh well.

After church services in the AM, I made lemon mascarpone filled crepes for everything, which they loved. And I also made some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert later. I wanted those two things, so I made them. Perfectly for me.

I guess I will get my pedi later in the week. That, and start a good book from the library, was all I really wanted to do yesterday.

Sounds like everyone had, at the very least, a pleasant day!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Hate to be the downer here, but will be honest. Mine was a comedy of errors, I really just have to laugh at it to keep from crying. I could say I should be happy they "tried," but really, they didn't. Except to try to plan it around their own needs.

Youngest got me a card, but left it at home, haven't seen it yet. Oldest gave me the annual "I wanted to get you a gift but I haven't been paid yet" speech. I spent $50 on takeout chicken that hardly anyone ate and got thrown out, and gas for Youngest's car.

On the bright side, there's nowhere to go but UP :) I did have a good weekend with friends, flirted with a good looking younger man on Saturday (who even flirted back), and have several social events planned for myself with friends this week. Go me!

rejectedmom

We went to dinner Saturday evening. easy child 1 &2 split my bill. Then we took the grandchildren to their favorite ice cream stand for dessert. They got a sugar rush and were promptly put in the van after finishing theeir ice cream and headed home for baths and bed.

Sunday I had a nice day. husband went to the market and bought me a muffin and coffee for breakfast. He also rean a couple of errands for me.

I told everyone that difficult child was not to be discussed and they agreed...that was nice. I went to the garden center and bought flowers for my porch planters. husband swept up the spilled dirt for me. Then I finished rewiring an old chandelier that I had painted and refirbished for my daughter and husband and I went over there to install it. She loved it and I think it looks real nice over her table. I ate my left over fillet mingon for dinner even though husband offered to make me a nice grilled burger. It was a quiet day and just what I needed. -RM

DammitJanet

I had a great weekend by my standards...lol.

First off, I put a bug in the families ear that I desperately wanted a new mattress set and they listened! Between Cory, Billy and Tony they got together and got me a new queen sized mattress set that is just wonderful. It is made for people with back problems. Now I did have to clean my whole bedroom out when they removed my old kingsized bed but it was worth it! I was very sore and tired after working very hard on saturday afternoon to get that bed in but it just made me love my new bed even more...lol.

Then on Sunday, I woke up and found a vase of flowers that Tony had picked from his grandmothers land. Very pretty. Billy also got me one of those digital photo keychains so I can put my pics on there to take to Ohio. Cory came by later to give me a big box of chocolates and my dad sent me a MD card with a check in it to put towards my Ohio expenses. Jamie and Billie called to wish me a Happy MD. Cory was quick to point out that the "favored son" was the only one to NOT send me anything...lol. I did notice...lol. Sibling rivalry is still alive!

The best part of all was when Cory was ready to leave to head out, he leaned down to kiss us good-bye and said...love you momma, love you too daddy...

Its just so normal now. He kisses us both good-bye! We love this.

N

Nomad

I had a VERY nice weekend.
I spent it with easy child.
No drama with difficult child...she called and was appropriate.
I'm doing something to celebrate with difficult child during the week.
I'm hoping for the best.