Did I ever gripe to you guys (re cows)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
about the mean cow that technically belongs to cgfg, but routinely charged cgfg, me, and had even taken the neighbor kids?

Well, if not, she did, and when I finally got husband talked into selling her and replacing her with something that didn't desire to kill us, he told the Brooms and they demanded we not sell her (she came from their stock and had never offered to hurt them, and she was "a good cow") so we ended up not selling her. They just couldn't see how I could make up such a story and I think were convinced I was doing it to "get at" them or cgfg (I was offering to replace the stupid cow with a registered one...)

A month or so ago, due to other circumstances (not entirely the cow's behavior), we ended up selling the dang cow after 4 years of her charging us. Cgfg wanted her gone long ago. husband didn't give his folks a choice in the matter.

His parents have this cow's younger full sister. She just had her first calf. Mr Brooms was in the pasture checking cows and crazy cow's sister chased him round and round a tree, got him down, and rolled him. Ended up hurting his ankle pretty good - nothing life threatening (but could have been) - but this man is 85 years old and the cow attacked.

This past weekend, husband was out there on the 4wheeler and the cow tried to come after him, also, WHILE HE WAS ON THE 4WHEELER! easy child 1 was out there with him and ran the cow off of him with his truck....

Yeah, and I was making all this junk up....I think not. I just hope no one gets killed by the dang thing.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Moooo.

Ummm... Not to point fingers, but wouldn't this qualify as mad cow? As in, the cows are nuts, AND angry due to that?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm thinking a well aimed bullet and steak and veal for dinner for the next few months.

I have to ask, why on earth are they breeding cows that behave that way?? When evidently it's something genetic.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hound, I wish I knew. Until now, it was just the one we had. And they were adamant that I was making it up, or afraid of cows, or_______(insert excuse)___________ Because she had never taken husband or any of them.

However, having one out there at their own place now....that they raised from a calf....that is exhibiting EVERY.SINGLE.BEHAVIOR.I."CLAIMED" the other cow was doing, only apparently 10-fold....if it were me, I'd for darned sure be saying "hey, maybe Shari wasn't crazy...maybe there's something to that story...." Knowing those two? They'll keep the _____ing thing to prove me wrong. They're like that.

But if she ever brings harm to any of mine (cgfg included - they expect her to come out and run the seeder in the spring - with the cows) said cow will have an unfortunate accident with a 30.06.

If it were me, Hound, I'd have never kept the first one. Now that this one is acting this way, also, I am questioning the heifer we have that is a half-sister on the dam's side to these two... And praying the bull's genes were the problem....

And yes, Hazoi - there are a couple little things that have happened that are progress. We're waiting on the whole custody thing with cgfg to get rolling. She asked me this weekend to email her teacher that her mom wasn't letting her use the internet to do her homework. Given that she will do anything to get out of work (although it is highly likely mom wouldn't let her on the computer, either) I'm not comfortable handing her a free pass, even if its true, so I told her to do her best and we'd figure out how to catch her up when the dust settles.

I told husband what she had asked, and before I could even tell him my response, he said "I hope you didn't. She doesn't need to get into that habit to get out of her work."

I did a double-take...that's recognition on several levels...the biggest of which is that his darling little girl WILL DO devious things... huge step for him.

He also talked to the Brooms about what happens to the place when they are gone, since his sister has some seriously opposing ideas to what he thinks is to happen.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I know, right?

Scares me, too.

I did check in with the teacher today, who said the homework was not completed, and for the same reason cgfg told me. I have no way of confirming if its true or not...even if I confront mom, she'll lie to save her skin, just like cgfg (she's learned from a master)...

I suggested to teacher that cgfg is with us one night this week and all weekend...if she can adjust deadlines, we can make darned sure cgfg has internet available to do it. (and I didn't say it, but I'm hoping teacher reads into that that doing so would also help discern whether mom's really limiting internet, or cgfg is doing it to get out of work...)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That slogan is on my truck! lol It only has one plate, so I stuck one of those in the other plate holder. (It was free...)