Did rehab help your loved one

PatriotsGirl

YES!!! But only when my daughter decided she had enough. The last rehab she went to was after she was arrested for failing her probation drug test and I had custody of my grandson. She found the rehab on her own while in jail and was there for almost a year. She has been clean over three years now. :) She just got married!!!!!!!!! Her husband also has been clean for over five years. They are both very involved in their church, own their own home and my daughter just bought a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - in cash that she saved up! I never would have dreamed she would be in this place already but just goes to show how much they can accomplish when they want it. I do believe they need to want it.

New Leaf

Hi PG! So glad to see the good news. Thanks for sharing.
My daughters don’t like the “r” word. Yet. That means rehab and rules. Well, it is up to them to decide what life they choose to lead.
Keeping hope and faith that maybe one day they will figure out their true potential.
Your story is proof positive it can happen.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

Kathy813

Staff member
Leafy, my daughter hated rules, too. She spent so much energy scheming and finding ways around them even while she was in rehab. It wasn't until the last rehab/IOP program that she finally surrendered (as it is called in AA/NA) and started following the rules/steps. That is when she finally got sober.

She now talks about living with honesty and integrity which is a tenant of the twelve-step programs. I never thought I would use those words when talking about her.

PG, I am so happy to hear that your daughter is doing so well. I remember the crazy times for both of us!

~Kathy