Did ya know it takes 6 hours to............

Steely

Submit a resume on line????
:geek:
Yes.........indeedy..........I am on the big career hunt of my life - so I am on Monster, HotJobs, etc. And yes sirreeee.............it now takes up to 6 hours to submit a resume!!!!!!!!

First you factor in searching for a good match.......... - 45 min.
Then you must create a user login on the employer of your choices website! WTh? a personal login? OK, ok! (as if we don't have enough passwords and login names that we never remember on half a million websites).................... - 15 min
Then you must create a user profile! Uh? OK...... - 30 min.
Now you must download your resume into their appropriate fields.
STOP
My resume has a virus? Are you sure? OK! Run a virus scan, cuss, and search hi and low for the virus. No virus..................- 1 hour
Because of aforementioned virus you can't download your resume into their pre-set fields, so you have to type it manually. OK! Except Their application, is NO lie, 9 pages long........................... -2 hours
Ooooppss!!! The website logs you out! You lose a page of your data!.......................-30 min.
Then you have to fill out their job skills survey and answer more of the same exact questions you did on the previous 9 page job application. And please fill it in with "great detail" as they request.......... -1 hour
Then - finally!!!! You get to attach your resume and cover letter. You have been waiting for 5 hours just to get to do that! YEA! That is weird! NOW the resume does NOT virus?????????....Hmpfff................-30 min.
After all of that it asks if you want to save you profile in their job database. DO YA THINK?
But............alas.......it takes another......you guessed it.........-30 min. to simply save the data and create a "long term" profile.
And then......not kidding......it asks:
"in case you get hired please fill out the following tax information!!!"
:hammer:
I know. I should have scrapped the whole thing after the first glimpse of their 9 page application. But my tightly wired Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) got the best of me, and before I knew it I had compulsively spent my whole day letting this employer receive every ounce of energy I possessed. INSANE :crazy:
As George on Seinfeld screams
<span style="color: #FF0000">SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </span>

AllStressedOut

Well, I at least got a giggle out of imagining you sitting at your computer and doing this all day. That was worth it, wasn't it? :rofl:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am sorry about that but I have to agree with ASO I was giggling by the time I was done reading what you had done. I generally do that type of thing to myself start to look up something and six hours later and I am at a completely different site and not sure what I origiannly was doing. At least you stuck with it. Maybe that is part of their pre employment testing. Hehe. Do you want the job bad enough to go through all of it?

Sorry.

Beth

F

flutterbee

During the interview ask them if there are any openings in their IT department. Sounds like they need help. :wink:

Steely

Yes, I agree.....it must be a weeding out process. A survival of the fittest of sorts.

The sad thing is that this is within the norm for some of these companies! This is the longest one by far I have encountered, but others are nearing their same intensity. It's a Brave New World my friends.

And yes, if I ever get the job - I will ask them if they need, some, ahem, help in their IT dept or HR dept? And oh by the way, "can I get paid for the 6 hours I spent filling out your bleeping application?" :laugh:

F

flutterbee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeepingWillow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And oh by the way, "can I get paid for the 6 hours I spent filling out your bleeping application?" :laugh: </div></div>

2 words: Hiring Bonus.

Star*

call 911........call 911
all that....and now we're being told the new fad is for hackers to change your resume, make you a goat herder when you're really a top notch executive assistant....and then sit back and see if you actually get a job or an offer to watch the "kids"

OHHHHHHH that was good....yes...kids baaaaaahhhh bahhhh.

I'm going to take my pills now.

GOod luck with the job.