Did ya turn in that 2-hour assignment you took an entire week to finish...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
that was already late?

Tuesday night:

difficult child 1: "Yes, I did mom."

Mom: "Are you sure?"

difficult child 1: "Yes, I am sure mom."

Mom: "Okay then."

This morning while difficult child 1 is laying in bed because of GI issues that got him sent home yesterday:

Mom: "Why don't you get yesterday's homework out and I can take it to school for you. Did you REALLY turn that other assignment in? Because your teacher hasn't posted it yet, and today's the last day of the quarter."

difficult child 1: "I'm pretty sure I did." (Gets binder out, turns to class section...) "Oops, looks like I didn't turn it in." (And it's NOT FINISHED EITHER.)

Mom: :2dissapointed::grrr::hammer::stopglass::highvoltage:

DazedandConfused

"I'm pretty sure I did"

That means: "Didn't finish it and didn't turn it in". It's a common phrase with Son. Though, it isn't usually related to school work. He generally uses it for "Did you take a shower?" or "Did you brush your teeth?". Then, there's its cousin phrase, "Well, I thought I did!".

If I had a dollar.......

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yes, this is so familiar...

"Did you brush your teeth?"
"I think so."
"Um. Yeah. Let's go." (Toothbrush is dry.)

OR...

"Did you brush your teeth?"
(Looks down) "Yeah."
"Are you SURE?"
"Um... I'll go CHECK."

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl:

I'm practically sitting on him to get this stuff finished today. Plus, since he's not going in to school, I called the GI and we're doing a "clean-out" so we get this resolved TO.DAY. Forty-eight ounces of Miralax-laced apple juice is waiting for him on the table! :winks:

busywend

Ugh - I have sooooo been there done that!

I am sooo happy my difficult child is out of high school now. College is up to her.

KTMom91

been there done that as well. My standard phrase regarding homework during Miss KT's last two years of high school was..."Not My Problem." I'd ask if she turned it in, she'd say yes, then I'd get a call, or she'd be stomping around because she'd gotten in trouble for it at school, and I would sit there calmly and remind her...It's not my problem.

Sending you some extra strength. Sounds like you'll need it this weekend.