Did you finish shopping and are you cutting back?

DammitJanet

I got some pants for Tony at Walmart that are flannel lined jeans in case anyone else has the need for extra warm pants for guys for winter. He LOVES these things for working outside. I havent been able to find these things the last several years. I got him one pair about 7 years ago and paid $35 at JCPenny's. The Walmart ones are $21.

donna723

Thanks for jogging my memory, Janet! Reminded me that I need to pick up a set of long johns for my son! The building he works in is not heated or air conditioned - freezing cold in the winter and sweltering hot in the summer!

trinityroyal

Thanks Janet. difficult child, who's still a bit underweight despite gaining 80 lbs these last 2 years, does quite a bit of outdoor work at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC), and he could probably use a pair. The ones at Mark's Work Wearhouse are about $60, so if Walmart has them for $21 that's way better...

mstang67chic

Going Green
Janet...I know Billy is a techie....is there anything he does/uses that you could replenish? Points for a game or something along that line?

As for ours...husband and I aren't really doing much for each other. When we went shopping for the majority of our list, he tossed a couple of things in the cart for me. LOL His bonuses at work come in the form of gift cards for a variety of stores. We picked one of the marts and used those for Christmas. Normally we buy for just the kids and our parents but this year, we're only doing the kids. Even difficult child, while technically an adult, is only getting a few things and nothing "big". I refuse to spend big bucks on him when he just destroys, loses or trades things. I did get husband a few things from the Colts store at the Circle Center mall in Indy when I was there for the book convention but still only spent about $30.

Actually, when we were shopping, it was funny. There was a 6 qt. crock pot on sale so we decided to get it....wasn't going to pass it up for $20 and I need a big one. I told my step-mom about it when I called her to ask about something for one of the kids and was told to PUT IT BACK. Hmmm.....wonder what she got me? LOL

According to my list, I am DONE! I will admit to picking up just one more thing for my niece but it was a Godchild Christmas ornament and as I'm Aunt Godmommy I am REQUIRED to get it. :bigsmile: I made Susie's brownie mix to give to the adults and I just need to get stocking stuffers but those I buy last minute anyway. That reminds me.....husband LOVES those pecan logs and for the life of me, I haven't been able to find them the last couple of years. Has anyone seen them at all??? They are the ones with the nougat and the pecans. Did they quit making them?

I think I'll pick up a little something for the dogs although Cloe isn't much of a toy dog so I don't know what she'll get. Chester on the other hand, goes nuts at the sight of a stuffed toy so he'll be happy no matter what I get him.

Now comes the fun part though....wrapping! LOL THIS is when we should have had our get together...we could have had a wrapping party!

DammitJanet

Stang...let me look for those logs down here. We normally have them at every pitstop on the interstate. We are in pecan country.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thanks! I'm going to hit a store later that supposedly carries school fundraiser stuff and they usually have those. But....I was thinking about stocking up on them for him as he normally only had them once a year. Let me know what you find!