Did you know it's all my fault?

KTMom91

After a most productive day yesterday, Miss KT has flip flopped into b@&$^, whine, and complain status. We sorted, cleaned, and moved furniture to make room for the two carloads of stuff she brought home from school, and in the process, she lost her glasses. The very, very expensive ones that her grandmother got for her about two months ago. The ones she needs for distance.

She has searched through every plastic bin she packed. She has searched through the bags we packed for freecycle. She has even searched through the garbage. She called the restaurant where we had breakfast on Monday. She called the church office. She has torn up my house worse than it was yesterday from our moving and sorting and tossing. She checked her car, the truck, and every room in the house.

She has now come to the conclusion that it is MY fault the glasses are missing because the HOUSE is such a MESS, and everything would be FINE if SOMEONE (meaning Hubby) would MOVE the two-drawer oak file cabinet (that cracked when we moved it, so I'm afraid to do any more with it) so SHE could get something accomplished.

I hate hate hate it when she starts acting like her father.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Hoovers to be her. I got bifocals in my late twenties because I had trouble keeping track of two sets of eyeglasses.

She needs to grow up and get over herself and take responsibility for her own actions and belongings.

elizabrary

I'm sorry, but your story made me laugh, which is a miracle in itself today, so thanks for that! They are so ridiculous with their reasoning that it is laughable. I hear the same stuff from Kat, as well as the "You don't have to keep throwing it in my face" whenever I bring up anything negative she's done in the past. Awesome!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
GAH. Been there, done that. I agree that it's laughable .. .in fact, I admit I've sometimes laughed out loud in just such a situation ;-) Really ticks 'em off..

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I also tend to laugh at such situations. I also toss the responsibility right back on them. Both tends to tick them off. Too bad. Such is life.

Hoovers when they act like that.

Perhaps if coming home between quarters is soooo stressful and traumatic for our Miss Katie, she either needs to stay at school or stay with Nana.

((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tell her when you kick her butt up between her shoulders for being such a creep? She won't need glasses - She'll need shorts with windows and a drawstring to tie up that piehole she's calling a mouth.

THERE......that should keep her wondering for a while. UGH teenage girls. LOVE EM ......LOVVVVVVVVE m.

KTMom91

After I hollered at her, she went to her room looking horribly wounded, and then went to my mom's for dinner. Hubby and I had a pleasant evening, had dinner, went to the gym...and Miss KT is now all cheery and pleasant, like there was never a fit or tantrum at all.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh Lord - you did NOT yell at her what I said? I .....eeeeeeee. yyyyyyouuuuuuuuu-----------that was just between us. But then again? If you said it and she did tie her lips shut - so be it.

I said the piehole thing to Dude once and it shocked him so badly - he didn't come out of his room for the rest of the night - Come to think of it - neither did it - and DF sat in the den going "WHERE in the WORLD did she hear that kind of language? "

KTMom91

No, no, Star, I said nothing about her needing to shut her piehole. However...I DID tell her to stop blaming everyone else, specifically my husband, when she wasn't having a happy shiny day, and to grow up and stop being such a big-:censored2: baby when things don't go her little way.

Tactful...not. I know. Sigh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mary.......tactful is not always the right way to go with a difficult child. Sometimes they just need it spelled out for them.

Looks like you got her attention. Maybe she'll stop and think before laying blame elsewhere from now on.

KFld

Isn't that a typical difficult child response to anything that happens? It's always somebody elses fault!! Sounds like you handled it well though :)