Did you know it's my fault?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yep-my fault because difficult child spilled sugar everywhere this morning:rolleyes: Before he breakfast he wanted me to get the sugar down and put it away. I told him he needed to use the stool and he could reach it perfectly. He went into the kitchen and I wrongly assumed he was using the stool. All of a sudden I heard a huge crash and he was screaming how it was all my fault that he spilled the sugar. I asked if he had been using the stool and he said no but it was still my fault because I wouldn't put the sugar away. Love his reasoning:confused:

I told him I would sweep up the sugar on the floor and take care of what was on the counter but he was cleaning out the cupboard where a bunch of it also fell. The good news is he has calmed down enough that he is now cleaning it out (I'll have to go clean it after because he really isn't able to do a thorough job and the last thing I need is ants).

In his mind this will always be my fault-grrr!

JJJ

Of course it is your fault. :rofl:

I get that from Eeyore a lot, I finally figured out that he thinks I am all knowing and all powerful. So you should have KNOWN that the sugar was going to spill and since you did nothing to prevent it, it is your FAULT.

klmno

Yep, of course! But I disagree that it's your fault because of the sugar. It's your faullt because YOU ARE MOM and it's always Mom's fault for anything that happens!! He loves you!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Geeeez, Sharon - who knew?:coffee2:You bad parent, you! OMG, I'm surprised difficult child hasn't called CPS on you. :faint::rolleyes::stopglass::winks:

by the way, if you listen to the tweedles, I'm responsible for recent hurricanes, all the nasty snow this year, their abuse in bio home because I didn't "rescue" them sooner, etc, etc, etc.

Gets old doesn't it?

tJoy&sRose

I'm suprised you didn't know it was of course your fault! :tongue: I get the "its not FAIIIIIRRRRR" screamed at me a lot in regards to natural consequences but oddly enough when I rephrase back for example "you spilled the sugar, how would it be fair if I had to clean it up?" we have no comeback LOL :D

Wiped Out

Staff member
I knew you would all understand-definitely it's difficult child logic. Of course, I'm used to getting the blame all the time-the logic never ceases to amaze me!

Linda-lol-if difficult child knew there was a CPS I'm sure he would call! (So you're the one we have to blame for all that yucky snow:tongue:)

TerryJ2

I wonder what would happen if HE really called CPS, they did a home visit, and then he admitted that the whole thing stemmed from you spilling sugar?
I wonder how many calls they get like that?
I used to think I might like to be a CPS worker.
Not any more!

Andy

Time to get our kids together in a ring and they can duke it out to see which Mom is really the Mom at fault for all the things that go wrong in the world.

No matter how much they tell us that life is our fault, I bet they would defend us to the death in a school playground show down.

Diva from the very second she was born blamed EVERYTHING on me. That angry cry she gave at birth and I KNEW I was doomed. difficult child does some but not to the extent as Diva (maybe by then I had learned my lesson on how to handle it better?).

But it is clever their logic. Makes perfect sense when you don't include their responsibility in the act. Of course, you really should have handed him the stool and stood with your hands creating a safety net for the sugar. (giggles, giggles, giggles) How dare you assume that he is able to do such a task? His times of standing on the correct stool to get at those forbidden snacks much higher in the cupboard without a disaster certainly can not be held against him in this situation. (much louder giggles, more like laughter)

That accusation was to save face as well as to get out of the responsibility of picking it up. Time will come when he will learn that no need to save face around mom, just yell "Oh no!" and grab the broom. A fast clean up and all will be forgotten by the end of the hour.

It is good to know that I really am not the one who is to blame for the worst in life (though my kids will debate that).

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Shall I send you a copy of my t-shirt?

The one with the cartoon goat standing on it that says "Scape goat - I AM the reason for all your problems so go ahead and blame me (GAWD I LOVE THIS POWER!!!)"?