difficult child 1 called

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Boot didn't start til late last night, so difficult child 1 spent Sunday and Monday sitting in various and assundry offices here and in CA. He called about 9 last night.

Even from a 1000 miles, he attempted to push buttons.

I had to laugh - after just sayinghow terribly boring the whole experience had been so far, he said San Diego was all that and a bag of chips, and he was never coming back here.

I just said "Ok".

Any bets on whether he'll say that again next time he calls?
:rofl:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
wait until he tries to find a place to live in San Diego (outside the base).......glad he remembered to call after the fantastic sendoff.....

DammitJanet

Boy he got time to say a lot to you!

Trust me, he wont be so happy in the next few days...giggles. Go get the book The Making of a Marine or something close to that. It will give you an idea of what he is going through.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He was told (well, we all were) he'd fly to San Diego early Monday morning and report straight to boot. Turns out, boot didn't start til late last night. So he spent all day Sunday and all day Monday sitting in various locations and he somehow managed to find a phone to use to make calls to pass the time.

So.....this wasn't the canned call home that we thought he would make upon arrival. That one never came (which is ok since boot started late at night...). He also called his girlfriend and a couple of hus buddies, at least. I don't know who's phone he used, but they've got a few calls on it. lol

DammitJanet

That is typical of what you will find. Nothing ever goes exactly how you expect it to go. We have a saying for that. Semper Gumby. Always flexible. Lordy...I still say we...lol. I guess I will always be the mother of a marine at heart.