difficult child 2 is now ..... SHOCKING

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
working his way back to easy child status. We have survived the worst of the puberty/teen BS. He still has some of his spectrumy stuff that I have gotten better at tolerating and we still have some of the typical teen stuff but neither is as off the charts as it has been for the last year.

Now I need to brag a bit. He's also going to be a 16 year old college student next year. (I'm still having a hard time digesting this one) In our state (not sure about others), we have a program called Post-Secondary Education Opportunity(PSEO). High school juniors and seniors that meet certain requirements can go to college on the state's dime to earn dual college/high school credits. Basically, they can go to college and take college credits that also fulfill high school graduation requirements. He can have 2 years of college done by the time he graduates high school. The requirements for our school is ranking in top 10% of the class (he's top 7%) with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher (he's at a 3.96 right now). He's excited about it and I'm excited for him but still, part of me worries. He only turned 15 two months ago and now we're talking college SOON. I am a very proud mama!!!

DammitJanet

We have that program here but it started about 6 or so years ago. I dont know what the requirements are for it because Mandy went to it and I seriously doubt she had that type of GPA. I dont think she actually graduated with the 2 years but she got her HS diploma and had some college credits. She went to the community college for another year or so before she quit to have the baby. Now she wants to go on to the local university but I think that is a disaster in the making. Okay so I dont have much faith...lol.

DDD

Awesome, TeDo! I'm thrilled for you all. I only had one out of eight who "could have" done a very accelerated program but, alas, it turned out it wasn't in the cards. Fingers crossed that your difficult child just keeps making progress. Hugs DDD

Excellent News!! Reading about how well your difficult child is doing put a huge smile on my face, always a great thing, especially in the morning!! Way To Go difficult child 2!!!:beautifulthing:... SFR