difficult child 2's FIRST visit from a friend in more than TWO YEARS!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I am SO happy for my kiddo! A friendship has blossomed with a student he met in band last year and the boy is coming over to spend the day with difficult child 2 tomorrow. :D And the best part about this? It seems like it's a very mutual interest. I spoke with the boy this evening and he sounds as excited as difficult child 2. They have band pictures in the morning and then he's coming home with us. He'll get to see difficult child 2's soccer game at 11am, have lunch, then maybe go for a hike in our hills or just hang out at the house.

With the exception of birthday parties and a couple of Halloween parties we've thrown over the years, this is only the third time a classmate has wanted to come over to spend time with difficult child 2. Ever. So it's a really big deal -- and he knows it! :bigsmile:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
The day went very well. :) We got through band pictures and went straight to the soccer game where difficult child 2 enjoyed having his own cheering section thanks to his friend. Then I took them out for Chinese food. We came back home and difficult child 2 gave the usual "tour" of our place and pets. Then the went for a hike in the hills for a couple hours... brought back a tree frog (great. more critters.) Came back and have been having fun playing a video game for the past 90 minutes until the dad gets here to pick him up.

Could not have asked for a better day!

This boy really seems to understand and like difficult child 2. He says he gets mad when other kids tease or pick on difficult child 2 and he tries to stand up for him. He says he knows difficult child 2 can't help some of the things he does because of his disorder. :)