difficult child 3 is leaving the U.S.A for Canada at 2 am to see her internet boyfriend

Rabbit

difficult child 3 is leaving for Canada at 2 am to see her internet boyfriend. I can only pray He does not hurt her or kill her and things go her way. I hope he is 22 ( not older or younger) and a nice guy!
I pray She comes back :doesn't move in with him ; does not break up with him and attempt suicide;Does not get hurt or killed. Hopefully She will be back Friday night.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh boy, you need to practice radical detachment for this week Rabbit.............sending you big hugs and prayers for your difficult child 3's safety and well being.

DDD

Sending supportive thoughts your way. I can only imagine how fearful this situation is for you. Hugs DDD

Oh no, I hope she listens to her instincts and comes right home if something doesn't seem right. Hugs to you, I know this will be a hard week.

dashcat

Rabbit,
I've been there (although not with the Canada factor...) more than once. Try to stay calm and keep on praying. I know how hard this is.
Hugs,
Dash

Jody

Rabbit, I will be thinking of you this week. I am hoping everything is going to go okay and that you can have some comfort somehow this week.

Rabbit

Thank u all for your support. 2 am because it was a 6 am international flight.She has checked into her hotel room. Thanks again!

Rabbit

Thanks everyone for your support! Its a difficult time for me.I saw her on skype this morning and She is ok . I am not a happy camper but She is ok! Hugs Rabbit

Last edited:

BusynMember

Really, this is common these days. I know a lot of people who met online and flew all over the world to meet 'em. Would I do it? No, but I'm 59 and didn't grow up seeing this stuff. It's just as big an unknown if you go to a bar and pick up a strange man. He could be an axe murderer...and drunk besides!!!

Scott, who is my legal son, flew out to Australia to spend a month with a young lady that he met online. Granted, a guy isn't a girl, but still. Nothing bad happened. He didn't marry her, which is what s he wanted, but he got to see Australia and flew home afterward without the girl. He did eventually meet his wife online. She was here in the area, but I think it's really common these days. I hope she is safe and am pretty sure she will be. Would you be as frightened if she met somebody on Match.com and went to meet him?

Same risk. Dating is always a risk.

Hugs. Update us.

Rabbit

I would not be happy if difficult child 3 met someone in a bar or online dating. I am especially scared in this situation because She is in a foreign country with god knows who. difficult child 3 does not make the best decisions in the best of circumstances. I may be overreacting and u r right a lot of people meet on line but I am not happy with this situation at all.

InsaneCdn

Rabbit... I'd rather she were "here" (Canada) than in any country south of the USA... She's as safe here as she would be if she had flown clear across the States.