difficult child actually

Wiped Out

Staff member
has been doing some homework recently. He needs husband or me sitting and helping to do it but he wants to do it. He is also being picky about his writing and erasing a lot so it looks better. He is taking pride in his work (even though some of the material is hard for him to understand he is trying)

My difficult child use to throw rages at hw, it is in his iep he doesn't have to do it but he doesn't know it and so we are letting him do whatever doesn't push him over the edge.

It's so nice to see him caring about schoolwork. It may not last so I'll enjoy it while I can.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:bravo: difficult child! This cyber auntie is proud that you are taking pride & doing your homework ~ a maturing young man.

Sharon, we've had the same written into each of the tweedles IEPs, but they are not aware of that either. wm has been doing homework for over a year now (with major disruptions - at the group home; I wouldn't put up with it but foster mum does). kt has just started the same with pride in her work.

I love seeing the positives in our difficult children. It's been a long time coming, my friend.

LittleDudesMom

What they don't know won't hurt them! Glad to hear your young man is taking pride in his work. Middle school is a big change...

Sharon

Sharon,

It's nice to hear positive news about your difficult child, especially in the morning:D
This is wonderful - I've got my fingers crossed that not only your difficult child is off to a great start this school year, but he continues to do well all year!!!

Thanks for posting this. WFEN:D

klmno

Wow!! I think a little reward and acknowledgement is in order!!! Sending many pats on the back for difficult child!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone! I'm very proud of him for trying to keep up with his work. It's nice because it is seems an appropriate amount for him.

The spec. ed teacher was thrilled when I emailed her!

Jena

Wow that's really great! So smart also that you didn't tell him that he "doesn't" have to do it, and now he's doing it and erasing, sooo cool!! :)