difficult child and girlfriend got an apartment

KFld

difficult child and girlfriend found an apartment they could afford and they already moved in.

I know they have only been together for a few months, but I'm feeling good about it. He lived in the soberhouse for almost a year. He will be clean one year this month and this relationship seems to be the best thing that has happened to him. The nicest thing about this relationship is he has become so much less dependant on me. They have been shopping, decorating and slept there last night and he didn't even call me to tell me. That is a big step for him.

The apartment they found is really cute. I'm not worried because if things don't work out between them, he can afford to stay there on his own. It's only 40 dollars more a month then he was paying in the soberhouse.

I'm very happy for him. They are only about 5 minutes away from me. That made me a little nervous and out of habit I'm making sure the house is locked good. This is the closest he has lived to me in 2 years. I know in my heart I don't need to worry about him being so close, but so many memories come back and I'd rather be safe then sorry.

My mommy heart is so happy today :smile:

envisablepuppet

What great news Karen. A year clean is fantastic :bravo: Sounds like we have another board success story. I love those. I hope everything comes together for him and he stays on track. He seems to be taking the right steps to accomplish the turn around.

I hope everything else starts working out for you as well. difficult child seems to be doing his part. One less thing to cause you worry and stress right now. Very happy this worked out so well for you and him :smile:

Lea

KFld

He's already looking for meetings in the area too because he said he knows it's even more important now that he's not in the soberhouse to follow his program.

Your son has all my AA prayers that he has enough clean time under his belt. It sounds like he is pretty happy with this girl, and the fact that he is already searching out meetings is a very good sign.

That has GOT to make a mommy heart smile.

lovemysons

Glad you are comfortable with difficult child's girlfriend and new living arrangement. Sounds good.

Happy for your "mommy heart".

hugs,
Tammy

saving grace

I am so happy for you Karen, maybe its a blessing in disguise that easy child/difficult child is moving closer just as H is moving out. Your son will be there for you if you need anything, I am sure you will feel safer with him close.

One year clean is fantastic, my difficult child is on his way, he has been doing well and I am proud of him too. Did your son ever come off of the Suboxone? My son is taking it and it is saving his life right now. I hate to think of the time he has to come off.

Grace

KFld

He's still on the suboxone Grace. He is talking about coming off of it soon. he said he never thinks about using, because he leads a different life now. he'll know when he's ready.

KFld

My dad and my brother and I went over yesterday to bring them a boxspring and mattress that we no longer use. The apartment is all set up, with what they own, which isn't much, but it's theirs and they love it. They showed me all the things they bought, most of it from the dollar store, and they were just so proud.

I'll have to see what I have around the house that I really don't need anymore.

I better not give away too much. My h will need stuff for his apartment :smile:

hearthope

You should feel so proud!!!!

You detached and your difficult child is standing on his own two feet!!!

I am so happy for him and you both.

Thanks for sharing, it gives us all so much hope for the future

Traci