difficult child and Internet Dude spent the night at a hotel

dashcat

DEX refused to let them stay with him. He told her she was welcome, internet dude was not.

The hotel is by the highway and is about 6 miles from where she works. She is on the 7-3 shift today, so my guess is she called off. They are carless, so they will be walking to apartment hunt unless she can con a friend to drive them.

Like many difficult children, she's quite a manipulator.

I was pleased that DEX stood his ground, but I am positively sick thinking about her at a hotel with this guy.

I pray they are using protection.

Dash

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am positively sick thinking about her at a hotel with this guy. I pray they are using protection.

I know how you feel. I used to feel dirty whenever difficult child would disappear and stay someplace with Monkeyboy - Ew Ew Ew....cooties! I think someone should make a full body-sized condom.

I'm sorry she's making such poor choices. She better be careful about calling out from her job or they will both be unemployed without a car and then homeless. Ugh - why or why can't they see things the way everyone else can????

Giant Hugs and sending strength to you!

katya02

Solace
Sorry, I missed this update thread ... I guess my question re her being manic isn't on the mark. Maybe .... just maybe she'll find fairly quickly that deciding not to 'play by the world's rules' leads to painful situations, and she'll decide she wants something better. Sending up prayers that she'll stay safe. Hugs to you.

DammitJanet

She is holing up in the motel because she thinks they are in "loooooveeee"! After all, you can just know it after talking to someone online for a few days and then seeing them face to face...lol. Come on, we are ancient and dont know what life is all about ya know? We dont remember what its like!

Same reason my normally somewhat sane child met a girl in a bus station, picked her up, and married her two months later! (Marriage lasted 18 months...lol)

dashcat

Hearts,
You made me laugh out loud about the body sized condom. Additionally, I would like a condom for my BRAIN to keep out all these thoughts and mental pictures. Eww is right.
And, Katy, I do think this is a manic episode. It's not the first.
And, Janet, I love your insights. Let's just home our kids never meet at a bus station ....