difficult child Back in hospital

in a daze

Little sleep for 2 days...strange behavior...clumsy, speech slow, hygeine poor. Accompanied him to PHP and had nurse evaluate him right away...called MD and direct admit back to MHU. Suspect lithium level is off and maybe another hypomanic episode.

Making inquries about group homes although difficult child wants to try independent living again.

Calling me and wants to get out because Saturday is his birthday. Not gonna happen.

Calamity Jane

Oh boy. So sorry for all this pain. Lots of hugs - hang in there. My brother is in an adult home (larger than a group home) and has been for app. 8 yrs. He is mentally ill (schizoaffective) but otherwise pretty high functioning, but he recognizes that he cannot live independently. I hope this gets sorted out for him soon.

in a daze

Oh boy. So sorry for all this pain. Lots of hugs - hang in there. My brother is in an adult home (larger than a group home) and has been for app. 8 yrs. He is mentally ill (schizoaffective) but otherwise pretty high functioning, but he recognizes that he cannot live independently. I hope this gets sorted out for him soon.

Thanks, CJ.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Geez, you've had your share of ups and downs. I hope you can sort this all out, sometimes it has to blow up so we can put the pieces back together in a better and healthier fashion. His desire for independent living may not be advisable now, he may need to do the group home route, for YOUR sake. I hope you can use the time that he is away to rest and relax and find a bit of peace. You deserve that, go do some enjoyable, nurturing, fun, lighthearted stuff now. (((HUGS))))

in a daze

Geez, you've had your share of ups and downs. I hope you can sort this all out, sometimes it has to blow up so we can put the pieces back together in a better and healthier fashion. His desire for independent living may not be advisable now, he may need to do the group home route, for YOUR sake. I hope you can use the time that he is away to rest and relax and find a bit of peace. You deserve that, go do some enjoyable, nurturing, fun, lighthearted stuff now. (((HUGS))))

Thanks, RE. Once again enjoying the peace and quiet with the husband. Will just have to wait and see what happens...

rejectedmom

Glad you have some peace but sorry for difficult child. It can't be easy feeling like that. Hoping for the best possible placement for him. -RM