difficult child bought a truck, site unseen

KFld

difficult child just called to tell me that he stopped into a gas station to look at a car they had for sale. The guy told him he's selling a pickup for $300.00. He didn't have it there and told difficult child it's pretty ugly, but runs great and he'll get it through emissions and guarantee it runs. difficult child of course was looking for my approval, so all I said was, you do what you need to do, just remember your first priority is your rent. He told the guy he'll take it without even seeing it.

Oh well, at least he has the moped he can throw in the back, so if he gets stuck he can drive the moped home :rofl:

I wonder if he'll ever get over his impulsiveness???

Kathy813

Staff member
Geez, Karen, this sounds like he's about to learn one of those life lessons that difficult children only learn the hard way.

At least my difficult child sticks to coloring her hair when she has an impulsive moment. It's back to brown, by the way.

Keep repeating to yourself. . . they can't stay this way forever. Surely they will grow up sooner or later.

~Kathy

AliceLee

Karen, my daughter bought a car sight unseen on ebay last summer. She was so anxious to go pick it up, she couldn't wait for her dad to go with her to check it out before she handed over the money. It's a clunker with much more wrong with it than the guy disclosed online. She still drives it, but I think it's on borrowed time. I THINK she has learned a lesson, but who knows!?

Jen

Thats sounds like something my difficult child would do. But he did see his, bought it, put a 100.00 into newer seats, then had it 3 weeks stopped running. He bought it for 400.00, still owes 200.00, and sold it for 1000.00, that went for another vehicle he bought

Coookie

Karen,

I agree with RM...we really need a headshaking icon... :confused:

Hugs... loved the comment about throwing the moped in the back of the truck... :grin:

DammitJanet

LOL...What can I say...we bought a car on craigslist and it is fine. We did have Jamie go up and look at it but that is like sending the blind up to look at it.

SunnyFlorida

Oh to be young and carefree? somehow neither husband or myself could ever make a quick decision like that. We have to analyze it and test it and see for ourselves. Maybe they think they are geniuses in disguise.