difficult child Caught with Smokes

Stef

Dazed and Confused
Hello and Happy Friday! The other day I'm at work and I get a call from the Assistant Dean at the HS - never a good thing ya know. AD tells me difficult child was caught with smokes outside the building by a staff member and difficult child was his usual charming self. Basically he told the staffer to F off -refused to hand over the smokes at first, refused to identitfy himself, who the F are u, etc. So....now difficult child's been written up and was issued a $75.00 ticket from the local police department for underage smoking. And.. to make things even better, difficult child's on probation for a stunt he pulled last summer, and his PO will find out just in time for his status hearing next month. It's not so much the smokes that won't bode well with Your Honor, but the beligerence toward the staff member.

The fun never ends.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You might want to take this time to update his psychiatrist. Perhaps there are some adjustment to be made to his medications and/or therapy to address this.

What are you going to do with him during the summer?

Stef

Dazed and Confused
Well, his PO say's he has to have a job or be in summer school. His grades are generally poor, so SS would be the best. I don't know which way PO will go with it. We have a meeting next week to review his grades and decide that.

You might want to take this time to update his psychiatrist. Perhaps there are some adjustment to be made to his medications and/or therapy to address this.

What are you going to do with him during the summer?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think if it were me I'd be voting for summer schoo, too. Do you think he'll comply with going to class this summer? What are the consequences if he doesn't?

Stef

Dazed and Confused
His probationary term would be extended. More community service, court appearances, PO meetings, additional group counseling.

I think if it were me I'd be voting for summer schoo, too. Do you think he'll comply with going to class this summer? What are the consequences if he doesn't?

Nancy

Sigh, I'm two years ahead of you and remember that year well, it was awful. Of course this year isn't a whole lot better. I vote for summer school and job. At least around here summer school is a shortenend day and there are many more hours to get into trouble. The busier you can keep him the better.

Nancy

Stef

Dazed and Confused
That could very well be the case- summer school and job. Here too, summer school is just mornings. we have to keep him occupied, or he WILL get into trouble. No doubt.

Sigh, I'm two years ahead of you and remember that year well, it was awful. Of course this year isn't a whole lot better. I vote for summer school and job. At least around here summer school is a shortenend day and there are many more hours to get into trouble. The busier you can keep him the better.

Nancy

BusynMember

Agree with the busier the better, although no guarantee he won't be getting into trouble. My daughter did a good job at Walmart while high :mad:. However, forcing her to work had a good effect on her work ethic now that she's straight--she's a very hard worker. She has worked since age 16 or she got no frills from us, including car insurance or gas. She never went to summer school. Being around kids at school was a BAD thing for her.

Stef

Dazed and Confused
I agree- the kids at school are a BAD thing.

Agree with the busier the better, although no guarantee he won't be getting into trouble. My daughter did a good job at Walmart while high :mad:. However, forcing her to work had a good effect on her work ethic now that she's straight--she's a very hard worker. She has worked since age 16 or she got no frills from us, including car insurance or gas. She never went to summer school. Being around kids at school was a BAD thing for her.