difficult child coming home tomorrow

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child is coming home tomorrow from the hospital. We will pick him up after work. Please think good thoughts and cross body parts that all goes well.

It sounds like we will be getting some good services. Someone will be coming into the home to work with difficult child (I don't know how often). They will do some Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) and also help him with things like getting him to do hw, shower, chores, etc... I'm not sure exactly because I haven't talked to the person yet but difficult child's case manager seems to think this is a really good fit for difficult child.

He also will probably be working with another program for counseling and groups-not sure yet about that either as the person I was suppose to meet with had to cancel because of car trouble.

There is another program that involves martial arts that might also be an option for difficult child.

The program he gets to continue with for 3 months will also pay for some summer camps which should allow us to save some of our flex spending for respite.

We will also get to go on a waiting list that is about 18 months longs that helps provide respite and although that is a long wait the services go until he is 22.

In addition, he will get to interview for the 1/2 day day-treatment program and then hopefully get on the waiting list for that.

All in all, we have a lot of possibilities, I hope some come to fruition and can be services that really help difficult child. I do wish we had some of these in place right now for when he comes home.

flutterby

Fly away!
I wish the services were in place now, but you have them lined up which is better than what you had. Hopefully, the wait won't be as long as they say. I think sometimes they give worst case scenario.

Thinking good thoughts for difficult child and your family.

(((hugs)))

M

ML

That is fantastic that you will have services put into place at home. Everything is crossed and prayers are going up for a successful transition back home. Hugs ML

gcvmom

Here we go again!
The services sound very promising. I really do hope he is able to function o.k. at home until everything is put in place for him.

(((((Hugs)))))

tiredmommy

{{{Sharon}}}

Possibilities are great but I'll be excited when services are actually lined up. Please don't be afraid to contact your psychiatrist if difficult child is struggling as he may need yet another admission without the supports in place yet. {{{Hugs}}}

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone. difficult child has been home since Friday night. He is struggling and didn't have a great first day back at school today. However, we met with the person who heads the Occupational Therapist (OT)/Independent living skills-sounds kind of neat-he wants to get someone in here this week to start with difficult child. The guy who came today knows difficult child well as he works at the psychiatric hospital. The two people that will be coming in also know difficult child from the psychiatric hospital. Crossing my fingers it works out well.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon, please forgive my absence. I'm crossing every body part I possibly can that the services help. I'm glad that there will be continuity in staff for difficult child - it's so important to many of our children.

I hope the in home services give you & husband the much needed break you need during the week.