difficult child going back to Bio mom

tammybackagain

Hi all, in less than a Month difficult child will be reunited permanatly with Bio Mom. Unless she messes up in the future. Messing up meaning leaving alone again getting back on drugs... Since difficult child now knows this he is starting to act up. including telling me he's going to tell his mom (i'm shaking in my boots) and that he doesn't care for me or husband. difficult child 1 was told all this and so was bio mom. Both told him that he is to keep acting how he was before and that this is unacceptable on any terms. Bio Mom even told him if he does tell her what ever I did she will do for twice as long. So now for the next 3 weeks waiting for more outburst... wish me luck

Bunny

Good luck. Actually, I'm not surprised that he's acting out. I'm sure that he feels some anxiety about going back to live with him mom, and they just don't know what to do when their anxiety ramps up. I hope the weeks pass quickly and uneventful lay.

TerryJ2

Fingers crossed. It's a big change for everyone. I hope she sticks to her guns. He'll learn that it's not everyone's else's fault.

SuZir

Good Luck! Has to be hard time for your difficult child though. Anxiety about change and how things will work out, missing mom even more because he knows he will soon be with her all the time. Missing you already, because he knows he will see you less after the move. Lots of big, big and confusing emotions going on. Not a wonder if he acts out!

Hopefully everything goes as smoothly as possible and his mom is able to keep her act together. And hopefully him acting out these weeks will not be too exhausting for you.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Good luck. Gee, that's a huge transition for everyone, in particular a little 7 year old.............I hope it's as smooth a transition as possible.......